• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Missing Cat

pioneerb

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Carolina_Bull is correct.  A healthy, neutered cat should never pee or poop anywhere but its litter box.  If the cat isn't neutered, then he is probably spraying to mark his territory.

I love cats as well.  In addition to our 2 cats and 2 dogs (3 of which are SPCA rescues), my wife and I foster-care for kittens.  In case you didn't know, the SPCA will only take a kitten if it is either 3 months or 3 pounds, whichever comes first.  Kittens smaller than that are generally destroyed.

So, my wife and I take the little kittens and feed & take care of them until they are the proper age & weight.  After that, they go back to the SPCA for adoption.  Ain't life grand?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Unless the cat is just old and senile he/she probably has either:

1.  Crystals in the urine: or

2.  Urinary tract infection (UTI).

If the cat spends a lot of time licking his/her junk, it is probably a UTI.  If the cat takes forever to pee, probably crystals.  If it exhibits neither behavioral tick, get your sister to clean the litter box every day . . . . some cats are freakishly weird about the cleanliness of their litter box.  If that doesn't help, make him an outdoor cat (unless your sister declawed the cat).

Carolina Bull loves cats. . . . . and fu*king women.

I'm starting to think its a UTI. The cat is very picky about his litter box and its very clean but still won't walk a few feet over to it. Cat hates going to the vet and whenever we take the cat to the vet, it usually pisses on one of the beds.

• Content Count:  1,212

Maybe the cat just needs therapy.  Does he have medical insurance?

• Content Count:  808

I might be looking for a new place to sleep tonight.

If anybody needs company i'll buy some beer.  ;D

So you think we're that easy, hmm?

• Content Count:  883

We have two dogs and FOUR cats!  I never owned a cat in my life until my girlfriend (wife now) moved in with me.  I really never thought I would like them but they're alright.  They are definitely a lot easier to care for than the dogs.  Anyways, another reason why cats don't use their litter box is sometimes when they're declawed the pebbles in the litter bothers their paws.  A lot of people don't know this (I didn't) but when a cat gets declawed they don't just cut their nails off.  They actually go deeper and remove some of the bone (or something like that) from their paws.  That's also why not too many people declaw cats anymore.  It has been deemed inhumane.  So once this procedure is done sometimes their paws are more sensitive.  You could try another brand of litter that is finer or softer, but sometimes that doesn't work since cats are so particular.  It could backfire and then he/she will never use the box.  Good luck and I'm glad the cat came back.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Declawing is indeed very bad for a cat.  If your cat has problems scratching stuff he/she shouldn't (ours do not scratch anything other than their 3 scratching posts), then use these:

http://www.softpaws.com/

We had them on our cats when they were kittens, and they worked great.  You have to make sure to clip their claws before you put these on, or the claws will grow and push the Soft Paws away.

• Content Count:  4,738

I cleaned the mulch out of my front beds and two neighborhood cats decided to use the front of my house as a litter box. 

This was especially a pain in my ass since 1) my wife is pregnant and the smell is not good) and 2) we have been opening the windows at night since it has been so cool out. 

Two cages and two cans of tuna later and I am once again the master of my domain.

Not sure how this helps but this is my cat story. 

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I was going to suggest making up a story about how the cat ran out the door when it was open.

I am disturbed by many of the posts in the thread, however.  Bullhog clearly stated this was his sister's cat, not his girlfriend's.  You guys suggested he do many perverse things with his sister.

• Content Count:  585

I might be looking for a new place to sleep tonight.

If anybody needs company i'll buy some beer.  ;D

So you think we're that easy, hmm?

Yeah. So would you turn down free beer or alcohol?I know I wouldn't  ;D

• Content Count:  1,219

I am disturbed by many of the posts in the thread, however. 

Agreed.  The only good cat is a ... nevermind...

Archived