• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lots of yards, but no hype, for RB prospect Smith

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think the biggest impetus for Smith turning pro was the thought of another 450 carry season.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

So if saying he murdered Texas and NC State isnt thug talk, is it murder talk?

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Teams are scared off by the number of miles he already has on his odometer. But what Smith doesn't seem to understand is that in this decade, elite running backs have come from almost anywhere. First round, last round, undrafted free agents, it doesn't seem to matter. If he is as good as he thinks he is, he'll get paid eventually.

• Content Count:  9,038

• Content Count:  2,239

"Everybody puts their jersey on the same way," Smith says. "Ask some of the guys at Texas. I murdered them. N.C. State, I murdered them, too."

Hey, Kev, how'd you do against USF?  I didn't see you mention them...

Only played one half.

• Content Count:  3,307

"Everybody puts their jersey on the same way," Smith says. "Ask some of the guys at Texas. I murdered them. N.C. State, I murdered them, too."

Only played one half.

Doesn't say much for his versatility if GOL got him off the field because the Knights were 20 points behind at halftime. Which, by the way, is not true. He didn't leave the game until it was 50-10.

Only played one half.

Doesn't say much for his versatility if GOL got him off the field because the Knights were 20 points behind at halftime. Which, by the way, is not true. He didn't leave the game until it was 50-10.

GOL also benched him after getting 177 yards in one half against SMU.  When the game was totally out of reach either way, he pulled him.  Why play more at USF and risk an injury when the game was over?

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

GOL also benched him after getting 177 yards in one half against SMU.  When the game was totally out of reach either way, he pulled him.  Why play more at USF and risk an injury when the game was over?

So GOL cost him the single season rushing record?  =)

FYI, Kevin Smith's last carry was with 5:55 left to go in the 3rd quarter:  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=272860058&period=3.  The score at that point was 43-10 USF.  Wasn't the game totally out of reach well before then?  =)

Actually, though, USF held Smith to 3.1 yards per carry, by far his lowest of the regular season (Miss. St. was 3.4 YPC, nobody else held him to less than 4.1).  For every 11, 13 yard gain he had, he got dropped for a nice loss at another point.

I'm not try to take away from USF's defense.  It was awesome.  I'm just saying if he kept playing, he might have flirted with 100.

• Content Count:  639

He has to sell himself to potential suitors, so he has to sound confident...what would u say in his position? He's trying to get drafted, he usually doesn't make those comments, at least while at UCF, if anything he made silly comments like "our hearts ain't pumping no koolaid" :D

Archived