• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

thirsty Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

Just an fyi for any USF students on the board: 

SCOOP Tampa is coming to USF right across the street from the athletic fields(51st and Fowler). Knightly Scoop is one of the wildest bars at UCF and their owners are expanding and opening a SCOOP at USF. Check out the facebook group and make suggestions for what drink specials you want and check out the videos from the Orlando location. Should be a nice addition to help out the bar scene at USF.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13378140878&ref=nf

http://www.scooporlando.com/joomla/

You won't be hanging out there wearing your UCF gear will you?? I'm just messing around but I look forward to checking out this new place. Peabody's is the best bar in USF area and I need something different every now and then.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I would rather drink hot pee out of a cup than to support any business that caters to UCF fans.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

I would rather drink hot pee out of a cup than to support any business that caters to UCF fans.

you should see a psychologist

• Content Count:  2,307

LOL @ Eats It's comment.

And....one can never have too many bars.  Peabody's is awesome and their $5 pitchers are great (interesting times with those), but it's nice to have even another place we can go to.  Like I said, there can never be too many bars.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,649
  • Days Won:  424

What about licking hot pee off a dance floor?

• Content Count:  201

Talked to a friend of mine who is helping promote the new bar. He said they do a ton of drink specials, free beer til a certain time and stuff like that. I cant wait hopefully i wont get a DUI riding my POS bike back to campus

• Content Count:  5,241

Its all about Gaspars. Amazing wings and 2 for 3 landsharks.

56th and Busch

• Content Count:  571

since were on the topic of bars and nightlife surrounding USF..

someone please tell me i'm wrong on this one.

I posted this in a facebook group about first impressions of the area surrounding USF.

didn't get any replies from the FB group because its all pre-freshman '12

alright heres my HONEST OPINION regarding my first impressions of the surrounding area:

Although I know that USF isn't located in what many people consider a traditional "college town," this is simply an excuse because of the poor planning into what businesses went up surrounding the university. I thought that the surrounding area lacked things that you usually see surrounding a college, let alone the 9th largest university in the nation.

I went down to visit in February and stayed in the Embassy hotel on campus. At night we took the courtesy shuttle to the local chain restaurants on fowler ave. I imaged this street would be lined with bars, LOCAL restaurants and PACKED with USF students. This wasn't the case at all from what I saw. It was desolate at night even on thursday and friday aside from the random groups of stragglers, and they were very few. The road bordering the entrance had nothing but terrible food chains, didn't spot one single standalone bar, and NO liquor stores...no obvious liquor stores on the street that borders the college? thats a rarity in ANY college town ive ever seen. To top it off, our shuttle driver was a student and said that it was dangerous to travel down that street at night..what the ****? you would think that the street that has the only nightlife available to students in walking distance, at least from what I saw, would have something more to offer than Fridays, McDonalds and a Sonic.

I don't know maybe fletcher ave is where its at since it borders the dorms/frats, but I never got up there...

After two nights of these depressing excursions down fowler I figured all the students were down in downtown Tampa at night and that Ybor was the "main college street" for USFrs. Naturally I assumed that the Bull Runners or HART line buses would provide transport downtown to the students who didn't have cars..from what i gathered, also not the case. how beat is that..

maybe in 09 when USF makes it mandatory for freshman to live on campus, they should also ban freshman having cars. I believe only then will the surrounding area start to develop in a direction that is in anyway logical to a town housing a massive university..

please, i beg someone to tell me i'm wrong, and that 50 feet further down fowler is a glorious college street filled with rowdy students, bars with lines extending out the door, and local restaurants.

go bulls!

• Content Count:  639

You won't be hanging out there wearing your UCF gear will you?? I'm just messing around but I look forward to checking out this new place. Peabody's is the best bar in USF area and I need something different every now and then.

Guest Mr. AKA

since were on the topic of bars and nightlife surrounding USF..

someone please tell me i'm wrong on this one.

I posted this in a facebook group about first impressions of the area surrounding USF.

didn't get any replies from the FB group because its all pre-freshman '12

alright heres my HONEST OPINION regarding my first impressions of the surrounding area:

Although I know that USF isn't located in what many people consider a traditional "college town," this is simply an excuse because of the poor planning into what businesses went up surrounding the university. I thought that the surrounding area lacked things that you usually see surrounding a college, let alone the 9th largest university in the nation.

I went down to visit in February and stayed in the Embassy hotel on campus. At night we took the courtesy shuttle to the local chain restaurants on fowler ave. I imaged this street would be lined with bars, LOCAL restaurants and PACKED with USF students. This wasn't the case at all from what I saw. It was desolate at night even on thursday and friday aside from the random groups of stragglers, and they were very few. The road bordering the entrance had nothing but terrible food chains, didn't spot one single standalone bar, and NO liquor stores...no obvious liquor stores on the street that borders the college? thats a rarity in ANY college town ive ever seen. To top it off, our shuttle driver was a student and said that it was dangerous to travel down that street at night..what the ****? you would think that the street that has the only nightlife available to students in walking distance, at least from what I saw, would have something more to offer than Fridays, McDonalds and a Sonic.

I don't know maybe fletcher ave is where its at since it borders the dorms/frats, but I never got up there...

After two nights of these depressing excursions down fowler I figured all the students were down in downtown Tampa at night and that Ybor was the "main college street" for USFrs. Naturally I assumed that the Bull Runners or HART line buses would provide transport downtown to the students who didn't have cars..from what i gathered, also not the case. how beat is that..

maybe in 09 when USF makes it mandatory for freshman to live on campus, they should also ban freshman having cars. I believe only then will the surrounding area start to develop in a direction that is in anyway logical to a town housing a massive university..

please, i beg someone to tell me i'm wrong, and that 50 feet further down fowler is a glorious college street filled with rowdy students, bars with lines extending out the door, and local restaurants.

go bulls!

Sorry, the surrounding atmosphere isnt like other colleges, and probably never will be. The land that the university sits on is an old WWII training airfield. The area isnt developed around the university, much like other college towns. Towns were their university is the main draw (Gainesville, FL; Athens, GA; etc.) are the places you'll want to be if you're looking for atmosphere.

Archived