• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sounds like Grant was the man today!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Grant was playing against the number two defense, Grothe against the ones---- take that into account.

cosigned

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I for one would like to see Grant get more playing time. Grothe is good, but is he the best qb on the team?

only a real competition would tell us

This debate is ridiculous.  Matt is the man.

because you say so

it is a legitimate debate with some of the bad decisions grothe made

A couple times this past season, when we get behind, Grothe will start pressing too hard and try to force passes that he shouldn't.  I think in those limited situations, I would sit Grothe for a series or two to let him refocus.  A change of pace with Gregory might even help.  He's paid his dues.   Oh, it's also good to see Chris Robinson back in the mix.

he also took some bad sacks and didnt know when to throw the ball out of bounds

having 2  qbs playing isnt such a bad idea

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Grant was playing against the number two defense, Grothe against the ones---- take that into account.

I assume Jim did.  That being said, one practice does not make Grant a starting QB.

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Spring game last year ended up being 7-6.

These scrimmages dont do much in determining the starter. The real competition begins in the summer.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I've been hearing grothe porked up over the winter, and also has gotten a bit out of shape. 

• Content Count:  1,037

good lord.....here we go again..lol  by the way 123..he is 217 and has put on muscle..playing weight last year 212....he will be fine and so will the bulls    have just a little trust in them  jeese!! 

• Content Count:  10,219

heard cjl has SO much money now, he had surgeon sew a second brian into his head so he could never sleep. ???

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

heard cjl has SO much money now, he had surgeon sew a second brian into his head so he could never sleep. ???

Why would he want a second brian? I am not even sure that he has one brian...I can't think of one since Brian Fisher. At least he didn't go for a Brian with a "y" Bryan.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. (By the way, I guess this opened the door for smazza to say CJL doesn't have a brain either, if so, I will punish myself with a self-imposed 34 minute bullspen suspension)

Flip, thanks for the info, I think Matt will be OK with an extra 5-6 lbs. Two-a-days will take care of any of it that isn't muscle anyway in the summer, so I am really not worried about that. It seems like there are those on here that just feel the need nit-pick anything they can. I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's pretty simple really, in the two seasons before Grothe, we were 4-7 and 6-6 with an NFL caliber running back, and still a pretty solid defense. With Matt, we have been 9-4, and 9-4, also, ranked as high as No. 2, and ranked for most of last season. A couple of breaks, and we could have won all three regular season games we lost. Oh, and he was only a sophomore last season. No one asked him to be the next coming of Dan Marino, all we need MG to do is win football games. Whether is it with his legs or arms, throwing 2 INTs or 20, if we win football games, why do you all many of you feel the need to tear into him every chance you get.

I tried to avoid this post, should have stuck to it, sorry for the rant.

Archived