• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New basketball facility

Guest Mr. AKA

dont attach it to that old sun dome

a stand alone facility is better

agreed, are their timeframes really achievable? If it costs 9-11 mil, and we only have 3, how long will it take to get the rest of the money?

Something near the athletic center would look nice, here are some artist renderings

http://www.gousfbulls.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&PALBID=17992

you may have to try the link a couple of times, the facility looks sweet

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

god they better make this a stand alone facility....or i will rage.......

god they better make this a stand alone facility....or i will rage.......

Why on earth would you "rage" if the practice facility is attached to the playing facility?  Doesn't it really make more sense to attach it to the Sun Dome??

• Content Count:  4,738

attaching it to the sundome sounds like putting a 3000Sq ft addition on a double wide...

• Content Count:  5,691

build it as a standalone or the sundome will have to be there forever

more options available if it is standalone

• Content Count:  4,016

build it as a standalone or the sundome will have to be there forever

more options available if it is standalone

Well since the SunDome isn't going anywhere any time soon, now, is as good as time as any to deal with that fact.

Unless someone has $50M or so they want to pay the state government to tear it down?

I don't give a crap where, just build a practice facility with all the trimmings and make it nice and as soon as possible.  If attaching it to the SunDome allows them to achieve all those goals then start asking the State for permission.

Oh, we may only have $3M, but to me the only thing left to do is secure naming rights to the SunDome...the additional $8-10M to build and furnish could be financed with a tax exempt bond offering which would create between $500- 650k in debt service, and if naming rights was able to secure the similar deal that would net the Athletic Department approximately $1.5M a year for 10 years....more than enough cash flow to get this thing jump started now.

Now the only thing left to do is find a company willing to shell out $2M to start, and $2M/year for 10 years in a depressed economy heading toward a recession where many consumer goods companies look to be the biggest losers... :-\

• Content Count:  171

Is this a case of build it and they will come???????

I really see this as a waste of resources which could go towards the football program.  Florida has an incredibly nice basketball facility and they are not recruiting with the Nation's elite even after winning back to back National Championships.

Tradition rich programs in basketball are all over the Big East.  I think the only way to build the program is to break the bank and lure a Calapari/ Huggins type mercenary here who can seem to attract top talent to such unseemly places as Manhattan, Kansas and West Virginia.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Is this a case of build it and they will come???????

I really see this as a waste of resources which could go towards the football program. Florida has an incredibly nice basketball facility and they are not recruiting with the Nation's elite even after winning back to back National Championships.

Tradition rich programs in basketball are all over the Big East.  I think the only way to build the program is to break the bank and lure a Calapari/ Huggins type mercenary here who can seem to attract top talent to such unseemly places as Manhattan, Kansas and West Virginia.

i didnt realize anyone could be this clueless but i guess i was wrong

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree DW. Especially since UF is finishing up their second top 5 class in 2 years.

With a facility like this (along wih other variables) USF would have a great chance at being a NCAA tourney contender annually.

Archived