• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Grad Brandon Marshall slips on Mickey D's bag, hurts arm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's kinda funny.

Funny that he fell and got hurt?

Or funny that he punched a TV and lied about it?

On a McDonald's bag.  It's like karma is getting even for eating that stuff.

I figured karma for Mc D's would be explosive diarreha

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Sounds like he got pissed and punched a TV, but is blaming it on slipping? 

Or his GF... he's a chronic domestic abuser and has a record for resisting arrest as well.

Just a violent dude.

Umm where is this chronic abuser thing coming from? He was arrested once on suspicion of domestic violence due to not allowing the taxi she was in to leave. Charges were dropped. He made a mistake I don't doubt but he is in no way a chronic domestic abuser. You must be a Raider fan. I mean I hate the Broncos too but no need to slander the guy even though he clearly isn't perfect. I'd love to see him on my team, thats for sure. Hell of a player.

Who's slandering?

Did he not get arrested for domestic violence?

Did he not get arrested for resisting arrest with violence?

To me that's a chronic offender with anger issues.  One time is a fluke. Two times is a trend.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,473
  • Days Won:  13

agreed

The man has been arrested for crimes of violence in 2 different States

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I think it's kinda funny.

Funny that he fell and got hurt?

Or funny that he punched a TV and lied about it?

On a McDonald's bag.  It's like karma is getting even for eating that stuff.

I figured karma for Mc D's would be explosive diarreha

If karma is real and not bull****, Marshall will be lied to in the future or actually slip on a bag because the man is lying to cover up a fight, a drunken bender or both.

Does anyone actually believe a young, world class athlete slipped on a bag and lost control to the point he put an arm through a television set?

• Content Count:  4,642

the story would have that much better if he would have blamed it on the grease on the wrapper lol

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Those Filet-O-Fish sure are greasy...

• Content Count:  2,239

Ewwww stinky fish

• Content Count:  500

He has already changed his story to "I was wrestling a family member"

• Content Count:  3,307

The story says he was wrestling with his family and slipped on the "misplaced" bag and put his arm through the entertainment center.

350px-People_Start_Pollution_-_1971_Ad.jpg

• Content Count:  2,657

Funny how UCiF fans love dropping the "thug" label on all our players yet this kid got arrested under the Holy Liar and was still allowed to play.

They must be so proud. 

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall, a former UCF star, says he just needs to grow up and stop being a real life thug.

By Arnie Stapleton

The Associated Press

5:43 PM EDT, March 27, 2008

ENGLEWOOD, Colo.

Immature? Sure. Bad guy? No way.

Denver Broncos star wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who keeps finding his name in negative news reports, insisted Thursday he's really a good guy who just needs to grow up.

"Being truthful, it is time for me to grow up on and off the field," Marshall said Thursday. "I'm not just a guy that's on the team, I'm a starter and have a lot of responsibility on this team. We have goals that we're trying to reach, and I play a big role in that."

It was Marshall's first extensive public comments since his latest misstep, an accident that landed him in the operating room for surgery on his right arm and called into question his maturity level again.

Marshall said he was horsing around with his older brother, Fred, at a resort in Orlando, on Saturday when he tried to avoid a McDonald's fast-food bag and fell into a television set, cutting an artery, a vain, a nerve, two tendons and three muscles in his right arm. He's expected to need four months of recovery, a timeline that would make him available for the start of training camp in late July.

"It's time for me to grow up," said Marshall, who graduated from Lake Howell High School and was a fourth-round pick by the Broncos in 2006. "From here on out, it's Brandon Marshall, clean-cut guy. Just trying to get my life together as far as accidents and DUIs."

Marshall said he understands the public might be suspicious of his explanation, figuring instead that he got hurt in a street fight or in a barroom altercation. But he swore it was just a freak accident that happened while his family was preparing to go jet-skiing.

"It was just horseplaying, [doing] what brothers do," Marshall said. "We're adults, I just turned 24 Sunday. He's 25. He's my brother. I love him to death. We were just playing around like usual. We always play around. Maybe it will be in my next contract not to horseplay. He lives with me in Denver. He will continue to put deodorant to my under arm until my arm gets better."

At first, Marshall downplayed the seriousness of the injury, but news of its actual nature came out Monday, the same day a jury trial was postponed for Marshall, who is accused of driving under the influence in downtown Denver following a game against Pittsburgh last October. A new trial date was set for June.

"There's been things that I've been involved with as far as DUI. Stupid. It's stupid. But it's one of those things that I have take that and better myself. Learn from it. It's stupid," Marshall said. "I shouldn't have been driving. I could have hurt someone that night. I could have hurt myself. I have to be accountable for my actions."

Marshall also had a spat with his girlfriend last year that landed him in court and was partying with Darrent Williams the night the cornerback was slain in a drive-by shooting on Jan. 1, 2006. Former teammate Javon Walker said Marshall sprayed champagne on some bar patrons, sparking a confrontation that preceded the shooting, which remains unsolved.

Marshall told the Orlando Sentinel in the fall that all the public comments about the incident don't reflect what actually happened, but he declined to discuss the incident. Marshall has been in Orlando during the offseason. He has forged a friendship with former UCF running back Kevin Smith, a projected mid-round draft pick next month.

In his impromptu meeting with reporters on Thursday, Marshall made light of a newspaper columnist who called him immature, but he agreed that he needs to act his age.

"I have a lot of growing up to do," Marshall said. "I should never have gotten a DUI. You should never hear negative stuff about Brandon Marshall in the media. I know right from wrong. And I'm a great person with a big heart. But it is time, on a serious note, to grow up.

"My goal for this summer is to be clean-cut and don't get into trouble . . . and just hang around the right people."

Marshall blossomed into the Broncos' best receiver last year, catching 102 passes for 1,325 yards and seven touchdowns. His emergence as Jay Cutler's primary target facilitated the recent release of Walker, who signed with Oakland.

Marshall missed most of training camp last year while nursing a pulled quadriceps muscle before coach Mike Shanahan nudged him back onto the practice field.

Marshall said Shanahan "was very understanding" about his latest injury, saying the coach "understood it was an accident."

"I'm a good person. We can put a blog up and for everyone I came in contact with, from the bank to the movie theater, anywhere in the community, there's going to be a lot of good things said about me," Marshall said. "There's times, I might [have] a little road rage or something, but I'm human. No one's perfect. But I guarantee the good outweighs the bad."

Marshall said he has no doubts he'll be healthy in time for training camp and that he'll have another outstanding season in 2008.

"This is just a minor setback," he said. "But nothing good comes easy. There's better days to come."

Copyright © 2008, Orlando Sentinel

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-marshall2708mar27,0,7681457.story

Archived