• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS for $288 Million

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Your opinion is fully appreciated. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

As we would be financing our stadium, inflation would actually be an arguement for building now. Build now with cheaper supplies at a cheaper price and then pay for that structure with money that will be worth a fraction of the buying power for which it was used.

Sounds like common sense.

Mean one can continue to IMPROVE a stadium through the years/decades to come?

Sounds logical to me.

KL, if this were the case, why didn't UCF build an OCS 30 years ago?

• Content Count:  526
  • Days Won:  0

KnightLite, I want the future OCS done like KFC does chicken...RIGHT.  My opinion is that we should wait to build a new OCS until we can build something on par with what Minnesota has done.  Minn didn't add on to their old stadium to build it up little by little. They realized they had a dump, like the Fruit Bowl, so they started from scratch.  No we don't have a dump so we aren't in a rush. However I would like to see an OCS on USF one day and i'm positive there will be land cuz of an idea called long range plannning.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

As we would be financing our stadium, inflation would actually be an arguement for building now. Build now with cheaper supplies at a cheaper price and then pay for that structure with money that will be worth a fraction of the buying power for which it was used.

...especially when you are playing in a premium NFL stadium. If we were in a place like the Citrus Bowl, I think we would all be ready for an OCS. Since we aren't, and other than this whole ACC thing that still seems like a BE trying to stick it to the ACC more than USF vs TSA to me, Ray Jay has been a good place for us to play. You can talk atmosphere all you want, but I don't think it gets any better than our WVU game last year.

• Content Count:  809

I REAAAAALLY hate chiming in on this subject.....

but the Olympics are stuck in my head since it's part of the little NBC logo on the bottom of the tv every night....

If Tampa were to try to get the Olympics (like they did a few years ago) for the next open position, which I believe is Summer 2016, do you think that would change things? RJS and UT stadium sure aren't enough for everything.

Has this been mentioned at all?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Lets let the program grow and do well, and deal with that when we have so much excess funding it will be a no brainer... 

Question...since USF does not have earn any Suite sales/leasing/signage/concessions/parking, etc...at RJS on your game days...by playing at RJS for the next 10-15 with the upcoming new stadium contract...will that give USF the "excess" funds to build a $500 Million plus stadium in 2018 or 2023?

Just wondering where you think all of these "access funds" will pop up from over the next 10-15 years...since USF can't earn as much $$$$ off home football games vs those that actually have their own on-campus stadiums.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Just wondering where you think all of these "access funds" will pop up from over the next 10-15 years...

BCS bowl games and car washes ...

• Content Count:  526

Lets let the program grow and do well, and deal with that when we have so much excess funding it will be a no brainer... 

Question...since USF does not have earn any Suite sales/leasing/signage/concessions/parking, etc...at RJS on your game days...by playing at RJS for the next 10-15 with the upcoming new stadium contract...will that give USF the "excess" funds to build a $500 Million plus stadium in 2018 or 2023?

Just wondering where you think all of these "access funds" will pop up from over the next 10-15 years...since USF can't earn as much $$$$ off home football games vs those that actually have their own on-campus stadiums.

Well not off the current stadium revenue but USF football is profitable with our brand licensing, TV appearance fees, etc. Also in 10 years we would build the fan base even more and have more hardcore fans(alumni) that will be willing to fill the OCS year in and year out.  Plus our current alums will be older, wealthier and could donate more than they can now.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Well, first consider we don't have to build an OCS anytime soon.  We are playing in a place that would cost $600M to build today and it is nice/plush.  

Also consider we are heading to top 25 and have been in the top 30 range for a couple of years.  More support comes from that (licensing, donors, etc).   Unlike UF and FSU, UCF and USF do not have the long established rich boosters coming out of hte woodwork.  10 more years with lots of success, and that will be the case.  Plus add on the fact we have 4 nationally telelvised games this year, more in the future, BEAST profit sharing, and bowl game profits, and you ahve more money to build the program.  

Why sell our soul now for a marginal stadium like other teams have.  Lets wait until the timing is right, and enjoy our comfy stadium full of amenities until then.

No need to rush into a "yugo" because we have to have a car.  I'd rather wait a few years in a leased Cadillac until we can buy our own.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I REAAAAALLY hate chiming in on this subject.....

but the Olympics are stuck in my head since it's part of the little NBC logo on the bottom of the tv every night....

If Tampa were to try to get the Olympics (like they did a few years ago) for the next open position, which I believe is Summer 2016, do you think that would change things? RJS and UT stadium sure aren't enough for everything.

Has this been mentioned at all?

I don't think Tampa ever had the Olympics, but if memory serves, Ed Turanchik led a group to put together an Olympic bid.  Part of the bid included a proposed stadium at USF for events.  I think that was before RJS though...can't remember too well.  An archive search would answer that. 

Archived