• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

County wants study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/02/24/Sports/County_wants_USF__ACC.shtml

On the Viability of the ACC Championship game.  I hope this thing draws 27k. And that 27 is all locals, so that it has 0 economic impact.

WHAT A STUPID STUDY

WHO WIL PAY FOR THIS

WHAT WILL WE STUDY

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,691
  • Days Won:  2

We have intelligent, articulate people on this board (some, anyway  ;) )  Can anyone make it to the TSA meeting and let this voice be heard?

I nominate Smazza....all in favor?

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

We have intelligent, articulate people on this board (some, anyway  ;) )  Can anyone make it to the TSA meeting and let this voice be heard?

I nominate Smazza....all in favor?

I'm not sure how they would respond to him either saying things very quietly or VERY LOUDLY and speaking in sentence fragments.

Smazza:

"you guys are idiots"

TSA:

"Anything else?"

Smazza:

"LEAVITT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!"

TSA:

"Ok..."

Smazza:

"i love usc"

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/02/24/Sports/County_wants_USF__ACC.shtml

On the Viability of the ACC Championship game.  I hope this thing draws 27k. And that 27 is all locals, so that it has 0 economic impact.

WHAT A STUPID STUDY

WHO WIL PAY FOR THIS

WHAT WILL WE STUDY

I agree *ducks*  Just give USF a game a few nights before if necessary, and then have your half-filled stadium

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

WHAT WILL WE STUDY

Study the results from the first then 2nd ACC Championship Games in Tampa...as to see if the city should bid for that game ever again. (Game is already booked in Charlotte for 2010 and 2011).

I mean...that's what I would do.

• Content Count:  356

The guy in that "most wanted" picture isn't Norman...looks a lot like "Smilin' Bob" from the Enzyte commercials, though...

• Content Count:  3,691

After looking at the article, which I didn't do the first time, it looks like the "study" is just seeing if the two games can be compatible. 

Does the ACC really have any better options:

J'ville - must of sucked

Charlotte - have fun freezing your @ss off

Atlanta - taken

Miami - nope, UM would have home field advantage

Orlando - crappy stadium, though mouse house might be attractive

Tampa - nice stadium, beaches and a chance to be warm

• Content Count:  2,661

FUN FACT: No city has ever commissioned a study to determine the viability of hosting the SEC Championship Game or Big XII Championship Game.

• Content Count:  10,874

FUN FACT: No city has ever commissioned a study to determine the viability of hosting the SEC Championship Game or Big XII Championship Game.

They don't need to.  The fans of the teams in those conferences travel no matter who is in the game.  That hasn't proven to be the case with the ACC...

• Content Count:  10,874

The ACC will never agree to let USF have a Thursday game.  No matter what, USF will outdraw any ACC championship game... unless it's like the old days with #1 FSU against #3 Miami...

And that, boys and girls, is what nobody wants to talk about in public.

I recall a story, from days gone by, where a consulting firm was hired to do an 'economic impact' of some event,

and when the results were initially reviewed, one of the folks funding the study said "oh, no,...that can't be! It

can't be that big of an impact!", to which the consulting firm replied "Ok, then give me a number. What sort of

impact did you have in mind".

The point being that the finished product, bound and embossed, including 8 by 10 glossy color photographs with

cricles, and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining each one, produced by this blue-ribbon

consulting firm is going to the evidence in hand. And until someone, of their own accord, funds a study to counter

it - and can get that study in the hands and face of those concerned (oh, include the media on that list), then

let the white washin' begin. :satan

Sportsfans, the TSA is on the hook, and if we don't get this game, all the po' little chu'ren are gonna be goin

to bed right hungry. ;)

Absolutely correct, Wooly.  I've had to deal with those kinds of consultants before.  During the course of their "reviews", they make sure they know exactly what your goal for the project is, and they make sure that they provide a final product that hits that goal.  Why?  because they want you to be happy with their product so they can try to sell you more projects.

Archived