• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone Else Watch "The Wire"?

Bull Dozer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

The end in the bar with Jimmy was great.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  189

I thought it was a perfect ending. It was nice to see all the characters evolve throughout the five season. I loved the whole Michael the next Omar, Dukie the next Bubbles, Carver the next Daniels, Daniels the next Pearlman, Pearlman the next Phelan, Sydnor the next Mcnulty, Marlo the next Bell, but with Avon's passion for the street life. Overall I thought they tied it all together nicely. I like how after all these years, Valcheck ends up becoming Commish'. Seeing Slim Charles step up and getting Cheese was nice and was dying when the old guy was like " this *Brother* got nostalgic and now we short 9". The vintage clip wasnt as good as season's past, but overall it left me satisfy except for a few glaring omissions. No Avon, no Cutty, no Randy, no Clay Davis......Shhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiittttt.

And then there's Mcnulty. His transformation into finally getting himself straight and being happy with Beadie was the perfect ending for imo, the main character. The rumored death would of made the finale more depressing and I was satisfied with the make shift memorial scene. Landsman's words were on point and the only thing I wasnt happy about was that Kima got off the hook with Freeman and Mcnulty. I get that they went to war with each throughout the series and that its kind of first nature for them to forgive her after all they went through, but I still dont like the fact that she was the one who rated them out and all they said was come have a beer with me type shi†.

Ranking the series:

Season 1 - set the bar

Season 4- bar was raised, personally though it was written better then season 1, but season 1 still ranks higher based on the introduction of the show

Season 2 - Vastly underrated. Alot of heads sleep on this season cause they took it out the streets. But anyone who knows anything bout the ports know that this hit the nail on the head and can appreciate this

Season 3 - Yeah its hard to have such a great season as 3 was this low, but thats what make this series so great. Season 3 was solid and its ranks 4th on my list

Season 5- was hard to buy this whole fake serial killer shi†, and the newspaper was at times irritating, but I felt that the evolving of characters and the wrap up with the finale was still great. I dont look at it as 1 season too long, but rather a season that over time will probably be better then was people think in the now.

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

I thought it was a perfect ending. It was nice to see all the characters evolve throughout the five season. I loved the whole Michael the next Omar, Dukie the next Bubbles, Carver the next Daniels, Daniels the next Pearlman, Pearlman the next Phelan, Sydnor the next Mcnulty, Marlo the next Bell, but with Avon's passion for the street life. Overall I thought they tied it all together nicely. I like how after all these years, Valcheck ends up becoming Commish'. Seeing Slim Charles step up and getting Cheese was nice and was dying when the old guy was like " this *Brother* got nostalgic and now we short 9". The vintage clip wasnt as good as season's past, but overall it left me satisfy except for a few glaring omissions. No Avon, no Cutty, no Randy, no Clay Davis......Shhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiittttt.

And then there's Mcnulty. His transformation into finally getting himself straight and being happy with Beadie was the perfect ending for imo, the main character. The rumored death would of made the finale more depressing and I was satisfied with the make shift memorial scene. Landsman's words were on point and the only thing I wasnt happy about was that Kima got off the hook with Freeman and Mcnulty. I get that they went to war with each throughout the series and that its kind of first nature for them to forgive her after all they went through, but I still dont like the fact that she was the one who rated them out and all they said was come have a beer with me type shi†.

Ranking the series:

Season 1 - set the bar

Season 4- bar was raised, personally though it was written better then season 1, but season 1 still ranks higher based on the introduction of the show

Season 2 - Vastly underrated. Alot of heads sleep on this season cause they took it out the streets. But anyone who knows anything bout the ports know that this hit the nail on the head and can appreciate this

Season 3 - Yeah its hard to have such a great season as 3 was this low, but thats what make this series so great. Season 3 was solid and its ranks 4th on my list

Season 5- was hard to buy this whole fake serial killer shi†, and the newspaper was at times irritating, but I felt that the evolving of characters and the wrap up with the finale was still great. I dont look at it as 1 season too long, but rather a season that over time will probably be better then was people think in the now.

I think the point with Kima was they acknowledge she was "real police" and did the right thing. They F-ed up the case with the bogus wire taps, Marlo was sent free and they knew they were in the wrong. I think this would have gotten written better if the series had the last six episodes they wanted to do.

I almost forgot about Freeman getting the hot chick from the strip club. He above everyone came out the best. Dukie getting high was messed up. If he was gonna throw his life away he could have stayed with Mike and taken a bullet.

The scene in the jail with Chris walking through the yard, I wanted to see him get the same respect that Avon got. I also wanted to see some interaction with Avon and Chris.

Also, the other twist that would have been great is when they had Michael rob the "banker" I was hoping that would have been the 10 million dollar load they were pooling to give to Marlo. Could you imagine that twist with Michael taking down a 10 million dollar pot in his first freelance job? He could have retired, taken Dukie and his brother to the "rest of the world".

• Content Count:  883

Ranking the series:

Season 1 - set the bar

Alright so we got deep into it.  Agree, it was cool how it showed what everyone was moving on to.  I was waiting for Michael to say "you can call me Omar" or something after he robbed them.  The Duquan thing killed me.  I really wanted to see him get out of that mess.  The way it ended with Marlo was interesting.  I really would like to see some sort of movie explaining where he went next.  They definitely left it where they could still spend another couple of hours cleaning up a few of the situations.  Also, like I said already a few times, I really expected Avon to have some kind of role at the very end.  Either getting at Marlo when he was still in jail or even possibly on the outside.  They did forget a few of them like Cutty and Randy also.  I don't know what else they could have done with Randy, but I thought Cutty would have his moment in the montage.  Mcnulty apparently is gonna try to get his **** together so I guess I'm satisfied with his ending too.  I think the thing with Kima is simply the fact that they did what they did and she did what she thought was right.  They respect her for that.  They're all good soldiers but they didn't see eye to eye on the method used with Marlo and his crew.  In the end they want the same thing though.

Ranking the series:

For me this is real easy.  Originally I didn't like season 2 as much as the 1st one.  But once I figured out that they were weaving this tapestry that would all come together and make sense at the end my opinion changed.  So in my humble opinion I would give season 1-4 a perfect 10 out of 10 score.  For season 5 I'm gonna go with an 8 out of 10.  I have three main reasons for this.  I really did not like the whole homeless guy/newspaper thing.  My guess is that the only way they could set deaths up to look like murders and have it be believable is why they went that route.  And 90% of the parts in the newsroom felt like killing time.  My second reason is that it just felt rushed.  Like there was way to much stuff that needed to be concluded to cram into ten episodes.  I know they wanted to do more and I wish they would have.  My last reason is I simply didn't like it as much!  Not very specific or factual, but just my opinion.

Now what do we have to look forward to?  No more Sopranos, Curb your Enthusiam or The Wire.  Entourage will probably be next.  I think it's a summer series but with the srtike who know?  Flight of the Conchords doesn't come back till fall.  Am I missing anything?  HBO is losing all it's great shows.

• Content Count:  189

Entourage is coming back this fall. That Generation Kill looks pretty good, should be an interesting mini-series for the summer. Iono bout this Paul Giamatti John Adams stuff...although Im a fan, I just dont think I can sit through 9-10 weeks of that ****. Five Days might not be so bad, coming in Oct:

"A mother vanishes into thin air. Her children, abandoned in her car, also end up missing. As police search for clues over three gut-wrenching months, the woman's husband and family learn that nobody's quite what they seem. In the end, five days prove critical in solving the case."

Also, the Tony Blair and Gordon Brown based show could be promising, but nothing looks to fill the void by shows like "The Wire, Oz, Soprano's, and Entourage.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Rome was awesome - killing, blood, the occasional bush or two, and lesbians!

• Content Count:  883

Rome was awesome - killing, blood, the occasional bush or two, and lesbians!

****!  I forgot about that one.  I really liked that show too.  Anything with lesbians is good.  A lot of my friends really liked Deadwood as well.  I couldn't get into that one.  I tried but it didn't grab my attention. 

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Great finale!  I loved the whole the players change but the game stays the same thing they had going on.  Im gunna miss the **** outta this show. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Since I missed the last 2 seasons, did anything ever happen with Maj. Rawls and him being seen in the gay bar?

I always hated that guy.

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Since I missed the last 2 seasons, did anything ever happen with Maj. Rawls and him being seen in the gay bar?

I always hated that guy.

Nah, he never got it in the end.

Archived