• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

O'Leary Still Getting National Pub for Resume Lies

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Good for UCiF - they left out the fact that you hired him...

» George O'Leary resigned five days after being hired to coach football at Notre Dame when inaccuracies in his resume were uncovered.

"In seeking employment I prepared a resume that contained inaccuracies regarding my completion of course work for a master's degree and also my level of participation in football at my alma mater," O'Leary said in a statement on Dec. 14, 2001. "These misstatements were never stricken from my resume or biographical sketch in later years."

Faux pas of youth: Others have lied, too

By Bob Highfill

Record Sports Editor

February 08, 2008 6:00 AM

Link

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

It will always follow him around.  The best part about our coach is that while UCiF forum trolls LOVE to throw violation on him, nothing sticks.

GOL may run a tight ship, but the damage to his reputation has been done.

• Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

» George O'Leary resigned five days after being hired to coach football at Notre Dame when inaccuracies in his resume were uncovered.

"In seeking employment I prepared a resume that contained inaccuracies regarding my completion of course work for a master's degree and also my level of participation in football at my alma mater," O'Leary said in a statement on Dec. 14, 2001. "These misstatements were never stricken from my resume or biographical sketch in later years."

By Bob Highfill

Record Sports Editor

Link

That fact is the gift that keeps on giving for you guys.

Good thing for UCF is that GOL has been a big success.  I think everyone agrees that he paid a tremendous price for his transgression.

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

By Bob Highfill

Record Sports Editor

Link

Good thing for UCF is that GOL has been a big success.  I think everyone agrees that he paid a tremendous price for his transgression.

What has he been a success at?  I am not understanding....  I don't think the misallocation of public funds that is your athletic department is entirely his fault.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

I think everyone agrees that he paid a tremendous price for his transgression.

A tremendous price ...... in this case, the punishment certainly didn't reflect the crime but goes to show that even something as seemingly innocent as that can eff you up somewhere down the line.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Success?  You call 0-17, followed by runner-up, then 4-8, followed by conference champions to be success?

I'll take consistent middle of the pack Big East over flip-flopping success & failure in the worst FBC conference any day.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

By Bob Highfill

Record Sports Editor

Link

I agree he has paid a great price, HE IS STUCK AT UCF. If he didnt lie he would be a BCS coach. But he did con your AD in paying him 10 million. HAHAHAHA

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

By Bob Highfill

Record Sports Editor

Link

I agree he has paid a great price, HE IS STUCK AT UCF. If he didnt lie he would be a BCS coach. But he did con your AD in paying him 10 million. HAHAHAHA

"A BCS coach"?? He would be the coach at the most hallowed of all college football programs ..... well, most hallowed to most everyone but Urban Meyer.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Good thing for UCF is that GOL has been a big success. 

Where?

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Good thing for UCF is that GOL has been a big success.

I wouldn't say he's been a success.  And stop calling him big.  He can't help his weight.

Archived