• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mich. drops B.J.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

We better not put all of our eggs in the BJ Daniels basket.

This kid is BIG on basketball.  Memphis has basketball, and we dont.  According to an article on USFNation.com, he was quoted as saying something like "basketball is very important to me." 

I still think he becomes a Bull at the end of it all.... but I aint 100% about it.

yea but is BJ able to see the court at Memphis in basketball?  i think he would choose playing time in basketball and great football over sitting the bench at memphis in bball and playing in c-usa.

i hope he comes here.  seems like a real hard working kid.

good points ya got there, Howdy.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

He has spoken with Calipari before.  Who knows what kind of schinanigans Cal will pull out.  With the emphasis he has apparently put on basketball, combine that with a Memphis football team that has been to a bowl 4 of the past 5 seasons, this isnt a lock for us.

Maybe going to a major Bowl isnt his top priority.  He has mentioned that playing time is one of his major deals.  He wouldnt see the field for AT LEAST two years here. 

Look, I aint sayin he aint comin here.....  but as I said before, let's not put all of our eggs into one basket

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Well he could play basketball for those two years he is sitting on the bench waiting to play football, we know we need the help in Basketball.

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

has he talked with Coach heath at all?  anyone know?

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

screw michigan!  this is awesome news for us!

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i will wait until wednesday

usf has been burned too many times

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It looks more like Daniels dropped Michigan, rather than the other way around:

High school recruit B.J. Daniels cancels this weekend's visit to Michigan

February 1, 2008

FREE PRESS STAFF REPORTS

Michigan’s backup recruiting plan at quarterback looks like a dead option.

Quarterback B.J. Daniels of Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln will not make his previously scheduled visit to Michigan this weekend, scout.com reported.

Advertisement

Daniels, a 6-foot-2, 203-pound dual threat, is rated four stars out of five by rivals.com. According to his high school coach, Kyle Rice, Daniels was supposed to take an official visit to Ann Arbor this weekend but the visit was called off.

Daniels could have been a second option if the Wolverines miss out on No. 1-rated QB prospect Terrelle Pryor.

Daniels talked to USFNation.com on Thursday, and said he wasn’t going to Michigan this weekend, because he never really formed a relationship with the Maize and Blue.

“We never established a relationship. They haven’t been on me very long and I think that one trip up there to see the facilities and campus won’t be enough for me to make a decision,†Daniels told USFNation.com.

After ruling out the Wolverines, Daniels will now decide between South Florida and Memphis. Daniels' numbers as a senior were staggering. Rice said he passed for more than 2,500 yards and 30 touchdowns. On the ground, Daniels ran for nearly 1,000 yards with another 10 to 15 touchdowns. All this came against a number of Division I-caliber players.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080201/SPORTS06/80201076

• Content Count:  4,259

February 1, 2008

FREE PRESS STAFF REPORTS

Quarterback B.J. Daniels of Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln will not make his previously scheduled visit to Michigan this weekend, scout.com reported.

Advertisement

Daniels, a 6-foot-2, 203-pound dual threat, is rated four stars out of five by rivals.com. According to his high school coach, Kyle Rice, Daniels was supposed to take an official visit to Ann Arbor this weekend but the visit was called off.

Daniels could have been a second option if the Wolverines miss out on No. 1-rated QB prospect Terrelle Pryor.

Daniels talked to USFNation.com on Thursday, and said he wasn’t going to Michigan this weekend, because he never really formed a relationship with the Maize and Blue.

“We never established a relationship. They haven’t been on me very long and I think that one trip up there to see the facilities and campus won’t be enough for me to make a decision,†Daniels told USFNation.com.

After ruling out the Wolverines, Daniels will now decide between South Florida and Memphis. Daniels' numbers as a senior were staggering. Rice said he passed for more than 2,500 yards and 30 touchdowns. On the ground, Daniels ran for nearly 1,000 yards with another 10 to 15 touchdowns. All this came against a number of Division I-caliber players.

Plus the fact that Rich Rodriguez has never allowed his players to play another collegiate sport - that may have had some play on BJ.  I think he wants to go somewhere where he can play football and basketball.  Frankly, I now hope he goes to Memphis even though I was very, very high on him.  He seems to be a bit of a prima donna.  Do we really need one of those?  JMHO

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

February 1, 2008

FREE PRESS STAFF REPORTS

Advertisement

Plus the fact that Rich Rodriguez has never allowed his players to play another collegiate sport - that may have had some play on BJ.  I think he wants to go somewhere where he can play football and basketball.  Frankly, I now hope he goes to Memphis even though I was very, very high on him.   He seems to be a bit of a prima donna.  Do we really need one of those?  JMHO

Did you feel the same way when C Ingram chose UF over USF?

I'm not a big fan of HS football prima donna's, but I don't think that BJ or Ingram would fall into that category just because they wanted to play two sports in college.

• Content Count:  4,259

Did you feel the same way when C Ingram chose UF over USF?

I'm not a big fan of HS football prima donna's, but I don't think that BJ or Ingram would fall into that category just because they wanted to play two sports in college.

Yes, I do.  I have prima donna employees and really wish that I didn't...........they're always causing hate and discontent in my office.  ;D ;D

Archived