• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mich. drops B.J.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

It looks more like Daniels dropped Michigan, rather than the other way around:

High school recruit B.J. Daniels cancels this weekend's visit to Michigan

February 1, 2008

FREE PRESS STAFF REPORTS

Michigan’s backup recruiting plan at quarterback looks like a dead option.

Quarterback B.J. Daniels of Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln will not make his previously scheduled visit to Michigan this weekend, scout.com reported.

Advertisement

Daniels, a 6-foot-2, 203-pound dual threat, is rated four stars out of five by rivals.com. According to his high school coach, Kyle Rice, Daniels was supposed to take an official visit to Ann Arbor this weekend but the visit was called off.

Daniels could have been a second option if the Wolverines miss out on No. 1-rated QB prospect Terrelle Pryor.

Daniels talked to USFNation.com on Thursday, and said he wasn’t going to Michigan this weekend, because he never really formed a relationship with the Maize and Blue.

“We never established a relationship. They haven’t been on me very long and I think that one trip up there to see the facilities and campus won’t be enough for me to make a decision,†Daniels told USFNation.com.

After ruling out the Wolverines, Daniels will now decide between South Florida and Memphis. Daniels' numbers as a senior were staggering. Rice said he passed for more than 2,500 yards and 30 touchdowns. On the ground, Daniels ran for nearly 1,000 yards with another 10 to 15 touchdowns. All this came against a number of Division I-caliber players.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080201/SPORTS06/80201076

most important part of the article. those numbers are amazing

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

Amazing, yes...but

completion rate 45%, that will not win you many games in BCS college football

hope our QB coach can get that fixed pronto or he is not seeing the field at QB.

Am I off base here?

45%...what completion rate is needed to suceed consistantly at the college top 25 level?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Amazing, yes...but

hope our QB coach can get that fixed pronto or he is not seeing the field at QB.

Am I off base here?

45%...what completion rate is needed to suceed consistantly at the college top 25 level?

Thankfully he  wouldn't see the starting spot for at least  2 seasons.  Also i think the staff will try to nab another QB next year. 

• Content Count:  117
  • Days Won:  0

Amazing, yes...but

Am I off base here?

That 45% isn't good but the stat doesn't tell the whole story. I watched a televised game between Lincoln and Godby where there were 6-7 drops which would have raised his completion rate by 3.5% from a single games worth of drops. The most impressive stat is his TD to Int ratio which was 33/3.

Link to BJ's 2007 stats: http://www.lincolntrojans.com/2007stats/PASSING.HTM

Archived