• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UM out for Daniels?

USFDan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

To be fair he's a pretty darn good basketball player and would hope he'd get to play here if he came.

He has said that he prefers basketball

I have a good feelong about this one.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

To be fair he's a pretty darn good basketball player and would hope he'd get to play here if he came.

Im not saying hes not good but hes just not memphis good imo. 

Have you seen him play?

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

He could be our very own Charlie Ward.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

He's not in the top 250 players in the nation, and not one of the top 20 players in FL...he is not a Memphis and Calipari caliber recruit.  Without football this kid would be sniffing hoops schollies at schools like FAU, and FIU.

I've heard schoolsv and scouts have shied because their belief that he  would be football 1st.

I dunno how good of a player he is, but both Calipari and Gillispie have recruited him for basketball.

Who knows, it is a free scholly for a decent player for the basketball team of the school he ultimately decides to play football at.

• Content Count:  505

I've heard schoolsv and scouts have shied because their belief that he  would be football 1st.

I dunno how good of a player he is, but both Calipari and Gillispie have recruited him for basketball.

Who knows, it is a free scholly for a decent player for the basketball team of the school he ultimately decides to play football at.

Does it count agianst football?  I thought it counted against basketball because they have fewer to give and to prevent other sports from using a scholly or two of the football teams for the smaller sports benefit.  Wasn't this a rulling a few years ago?  I'm sure I'm wrong, but it sticks in my mind for some reason.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

He's not in the top 250 players in the nation, and not one of the top 20 players in FL...he is not a Memphis and Calipari caliber recruit.  Without football this kid would be sniffing hoops schollies at schools like FAU, and FIU.

Bien saved me the time Joe. 

• Content Count:  505

I'm right and wrong.  A 2 sport athlete who competes in football will have their scholarship counted against football always.  A basketball 2 sporter counts against basketball always unless they play football too which counts against football.

I guess schools like alabama probably would put football players on other sports scholarships so they circumvent the 85 scholarship limit.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/nonsports/COMP/pdf/20040216_100106__Compliance%20101%20-%20multi-sport%20athletes.pdf

Ya their is a priority tree nd football is the highest, followed by basketball, so essientially they'd get a "free" player, that doesn't cout agaisnt the bball scholly limits

Archived