• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UM out for Daniels?

USFDan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I've heard schoolsv and scouts have shied because their belief that he  would be football 1st.

I dunno how good of a player he is, but both Calipari and Gillispie have recruited him for basketball.

Who knows, it is a free scholly for a decent player for the basketball team of the school he ultimately decides to play football at.

Not really Joe, because if Calipari puts him on the bench it means he can put one less qualified player on the bench.  This isn't football, hoops teams have a very finite number they can have on the bench for any game, 12 players.  Regardless if they've got 20 walk-ons that are good they can only dress a certain number of players so teams are very selective for hoops...football is a different game, you can have 105 total players so teams have 20 walk-ons or so...and more waiting in the wings.  Hoops is a very small pool of players so if Calipari commits to letting Daniels ride his bench that means he's limiting his # of available qualified players.  He is definitely not good enough to play for a Memphis team that has three commits from three top 100 players.  At this time BJ isn't even ranked in anyone's top 250 players...by example Terrell Pyror is ranked in everyone's top 100 list of hoops players but he plans to play football only, so he says right now.  I am just giving something to compare too.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Doesn't football also have a defnite number they can dress for games?  I thought it was around 80.  Seems higher than basketball, relatively speaking, but I thought there was a limt.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Doesn't football also have a defnite number they can dress for games?  I thought it was around 80.  Seems higher than basketball, relatively speaking, but I thought there was a limt.

You can travel 55 I believe, and home games you can dress 80 and the rest can mull around the bench.  Starter to bench warmer ratio is much greater in football versus hoops.  A guy like Calipari is always re-loading, and he doesn't want to squeeze playing time or a roster spot for a guy that is moonlighting from  football.  It's all window dressing by Calipari but he's been known to be someone capable of selling ice to eskimos.

Archived