• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Biggest surprise of this year's class

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Powe at 285?  Didn't he come in at about 230?

If we gave CJL a dining hall Powe could be at 299 already.   ;D

He came in at 245...my guess by the fall he'll be around 265lbs+...the kid has nice broad size for bulk.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If we gave CJL a dining hall Powe could be at 299 already.  ;D

He came in at 245...my guess by the fall he'll be around 265lbs+...the kid has nice broad size for bulk.

Bien what do you think about Powe in a DL flex type spot like we used to do with Julmiste?  I think he could be equally effective at DT or DE. 

• Content Count:  498

I dont understand the inconsistency between rivals, scout, espn which i though was based on one of those two.  One isnt ranking quavon, scout i think has him as a 2-star and espn shows him as probbably being in a three star range based on their number system.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Player evaluations are subjective by nature.  How accurate can these sites be "evaluating" 2200 players each year when an NFL team can't evaluate 300 players a year accurately.  It is pretty easy to pick the best 100-150 athletes but measuring intangibles and how an 18 year old will grow is not easy.

Didn't we see a post that said a "5-star" only means the kid is a Top 50 caliber... and "4-star" is a Top 100 or 150 kid?  90% of recruits are 1-3 star rankings...

• Content Count:  4,016

If we gave CJL a dining hall Powe could be at 299 already.   ;D

Bien what do you think about Powe in a DL flex type spot like we used to do with Julmiste?  I think he could be equally effective at DT or DE. 

That's Craig Marshall...look at his action pics on the Pearl River site.  He's listed as being 260lbs, and those pics seem to suggest that's about right.  If he can come in and play around 265lbs here's a guy that could play flex, and then slowly add more bulk to go inside if the staff wants or stick to the outside if they see his range and potential better there...

• Content Count:  75

I'm pretty excited about Marshall. I would like to see a Josh Julmiste type of athlete out at end to go after the QB and defend the run well. How's Marshall's speed?  He's definitely got the size. Had we not lost Josh I think we may have won another game this year. Maybe even the BE. That was a big loss. What ever happened to him?

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I agree with you that losing JOSH Julmiste was our biggest loss and his presence might have won us some more games.

Josh supposedly transferred to Bethune Cookman, according to an article by Greg Auman back in May:

Josh Julmiste goes to B-CC

TAMPA -- Former USF defensive end Josh Julmiste, dismissed from the Bulls in February after numerous off-field problems, is transferring to Division I-AA Bethune-Cookman.

B-CC confirmed Wednesday that Julmiste was expected to transfer and would have two years of eligibility, assuming he is academically qualified to play this fall. According to USF's registrar's office, Julmiste went from being a full-time student to taking seven credit hours in March.

Julmiste would be the sixth USF defensive player to transfer to B-CC in the past two years. Defensive lineman Ramon McCollough and linebackers Josh Balloon and Ronnie McCullough played for the Wildcats last season, and twin cornerbacks Antwane and Antonio Cox are expected to transfer there this summer.

Archived