• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  639
  • Days Won:  0

O'leary makes a great point, but I still don't understand why you would want to have a guy on your team that doesn't want to be there.

If he relents, people will think UCF had dirty hands in this matter.  Seriously, this is nothing more than a school's fans and boosters recruiting a kid that has an LOI to another school. Amazed to see the UCF haters rationalize a way to blame UCF for this BS.

If this is cool, we might as well call Josh Grady . . . . . because his LOI to Vandy is apparently meaningless.

+1

it's amazing what green and gold shades can do where only UCF is all in the wrong here ::). It is clear Louisville boosters, fans, and maybe coaches have harassed him after national signing day. Is it easy to prove? probably not but if anyone has followed this kid's recruitment and how Louisville fans reacted online and through their media when he put that UCF hat on, you know they are nuts and tampered with his recruitment. Oleary's quotes about him being fine when he visits UCF( a few times) but how 'things change when he goes back up there' is basically admitting he is taking a lot of heat in his hometown. I've never seen a fanbase as bitter and myopic as Louisville over 1 recruit who may never amount to anything.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

O'leary makes a great point, but I still don't understand why you would want to have a guy on your team that doesn't want to be there.

If he relents, people will think UCF had dirty hands in this matter.  Seriously, this is nothing more than a school's fans and boosters recruiting a kid that has an LOI to another school. Amazed to see the UCF haters rationalize a way to blame UCF for this BS.

If this is cool, we might as well call Josh Grady . . . . . because his LOI to Vandy is apparently meaningless.

+1

it's amazing what green and gold shades can do where only UCF is all in the wrong here ::). It is clear Louisville boosters, fans, and maybe coaches have harassed him after national signing day. Is it easy to prove? probably not but if anyone has followed this kid's recruitment and how Louisville fans reacted online and through their media when he put that UCF hat on, you know they are nuts and tampered with his recruitment. Oleary's quotes about him being fine when he visits UCF( a few times) but how 'things change when he goes back up there' is basically admitting he is taking a lot of heat in his hometown. I've never seen a fanbase as bitter and myopic as Louisville over 1 recruit who may never amount to anything.

I think most people see that, but we are mostly concerned with the potentially illegal things UCF's recruitment has done to get in the kids head like that right up against signing day. 

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

+1

It's no easier to prove or disprove than how Smith was lied to or led to believe things that were not true just to get him to commit to UCF.

It works both ways.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

+1

You are correct ... UCF is not the only one in the wrong here. Smith does have responsibility, too ... but when I put the blame squarely on UCF for the situation, it's in the context that they are the ones who can rectify it with little or no harm. To me, the circumstances do play a factor in how it should be handled. Again, within 24 hours of signing with Louisville, Strong made it a priority to contact Smith and secure his commitment to his hometown team. Damarcus cruises along with this huge decision behind him, as the only qb commitment, until late last year when Bridgewater enters the picture... I don't know what L'ville has been telling the kid all along but that threw a huge wrench in there and I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster Smith was on. Factor in God knows what the UCF coaches were telling him and his head was probably spinning ... Again, why did he wait until 2 days after NSD to get his LOI in if this was just a slam dunk for UCF? .... And to reiterate, the kid made a mistake, he shouldn't have signed if he wasn't 100% commited ... but maybe at the time signed, he was under the impression he would be in a legit battle for the starting qb. Any way you want to slice or spin it, GOL is being a ***** for not giving him is release when it would be no skin off his nose to do it ... I'm sure Mr. Yerrid is following this closely.  ;)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

it's amazing what green and gold shades can do where only UCF is all in the wrong here ::).

It has nothing to do with having green and gold glasses.

Smith seems to be a guy who is afraid of competition. Not sure why you'd want a guy on your roster who does not want to be there.

I tend to agree with Triple B about O'Leary having the ability to grant the release and he would not come off looking poorly.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

I have to disagree.  I find Brandon to be a skilled writer with an acute sense

of the importance of detail. Moreover, I find him to be the consummate professional.

Having said that, he is also a gentlemen and a scholar.  Thank you and good

luck with the stadium. :ROFLMAO

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

I think Brandon was my first introduction to UCF fan many many many moons ago over on the ESPN message boards. I was an Internet message board virgin, just getting my feet wet on the USF board there (even before finding this place) and was bombarded with the whining and moaning about not playing them ... I honestly had to look up UCF because I had no ******* clue who they really were. The only connection I had back then was that Marquette Smith, a pretty big time hs player, transferred there from FSU, my previous team of choice ... and the whining, in one form or another, hasn't stopped since.

Maybe this is more a testament of your actual intelligence?  Hmmmmmm?    ;)

Thanknyou!  It is good to be back.  For a few seconds.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Ucfchad.... Usf baseball stadium>ucf football stadium... ;)

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Ucfchad.... Usf baseball stadium>ucf football stadium... ;)

On Campus Football Stadium > Renting Ray Jay by 100000 x!!  In the meantime...keep trying to catchup to UCF with your facilities.  Congrats on the new ballpark...ours is coming soon.

And yes...your old one WAS the worst Div. I Baseball stadium in the Southeast, by far.  Where does Brandon have nerve to say such a thing?  Because USF is irrelevant and he's only stating the truth.

mcewen2.jpg