• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Today, in Bennett's interview with Marinatto, he wouldn't even confirm the BE is still looking at going to 10 (could they now be contemplating staying at 9).

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast

Expansion:

As usual, Marinatto was tight-lipped on the league's expansion plans. He wouldn't even confirm if getting to 10 teams was still the goal.

--

If Genshaft can keep UCf out of BE, her salary should be doubled immediately.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  1

Dan Sileo talked about this article this morning. He was very supportive of USF blocking UCF. Said its ridiculous to get the government involved, the big east can pick and choose who it wants. Said he would do the same thing if he where USF. He understood why USF wouldnt want UCF in the big east. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I asked Marinatto if the Big East could decide to add another team before Villanova finalizes its plans in April.

"If the right situation developed in between, we would move on it," he said. "That's a very real possibility. We're not going to make a decision or not make a decision based on Villanova's study."

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/38615/marinatto-were-not-waiting-for-villanova

So the BE is not waiting on Villanova, if the right situation developed.  Unless either Houston or UCF have something happening between now and April their situation is as developed as it is going to be.

IMHO, this basically means ESPN will ultimately decide who the Big East invites. The BE wants to increase revenue, of course. Most of that comes from TV contracts. Barring other considerations, like a further-bloated basketball conference, ESPN (or possibly other networks, if that's even on the table) is likely to dictate which TV market/school they are most willing to pay more money to the BE for. I would expect the BE to do what is in its best financial interests and invite the school(s) that will bring in the most dough. TCU brings Dallas/Ft. Worth AND increases the quality perception of the conference. No other team left on the non-AQ table is likely to do BOTH of those... so it's going to come down to who will attract the most $$ from the networks.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

The above in reference to the upcoming TV contract negotiations, of course.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

I like Bianchi. He riles people up from all different fan bases with each article and each time people fall for it. Good for him.

I know Hitt and Genshaft get along very well and work closely in a lot of areas. Although Hitt okaying that statement makes me think he knows something is up so we will see I guess.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we dont need another florida school

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

WVA and USF are against it, I would say they are not joining.  Bianchi is a jerk.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

Dan Sileo talked about this article this morning. He was very supportive of USF blocking UCF. Said its ridiculous to get the government involved, the big east can pick and choose who it wants. Said he would do the same thing if he where USF. He understood why USF wouldnt want UCF in the big east. 

There ya go .... If it's so freaking obvious that even Sileo can see it, I'm not sure what else one needs.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

BTW, I have a hard time believing President Hitt okayed any UCF employee to say that publicly.  Hitt doesn't strike me as the type to try and call out someone so publicly.  Tribble either.  Also, making a public spectacle is probably the best way to not get an invite.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476
  • Days Won:  0

Why did Coach Petino come out and support UCF publicly but not USF's President?  ::)