• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

"In January 2005, Woolard announced plans for an "athletics district," which would include new stadiums for softball, baseball and soccer, a new tennis complex, new basketball practice facilities, new football practice fields and major renovations to the Sun Dome arena.

Since then, the only construction has been a new $2.79 million track, which was paid for by Hillsborough County."

Am I the only one that noticed how since 2005, when Woolard announced the athletics district plan, that USF has not built a single thing as of yet (I know the track stadium has been built, but that was built by Hillsborough county)? What is the reason for not getting started on these projects? Im going to assume lack of money, but still.  

Interesting to note that since 2005, UCF has:

1) Built an on-campus 45,000 seat football stadium.

2) Built a 10,000 seat state-of-the-art Basketball Arena

3) Built Men's and Women's Basketball Practice Facilities

4) Built New Softball Stadium

5) Built new boat house/HQ for the Crew Team

6) Built new practice facility and HQ for the golf team

7) New Soccer/Track Stadium Complex should be completed later this fall/winter.

The $$$$ are out there to get things done (i.e. see Louisville, Cinci and other programs that have built new facilities for various sports over the past 4-5 years).

Vision is fine...but its dead without leadership, which is normally what it takes to get things done.

Remember...the economy was strong back in 2005-2007...and if Woolard couldn't get things built when times were GOOD...how in the world will he get anything built when times are bad?

KL..Go back on vacation.  Why do you bring up facilities against a program that we are 0 - 4 against in football?  You don't have to answer that question.  No one is interested in your spin.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

"In January 2005, Woolard announced plans for an "athletics district," which would include new stadiums for softball, baseball and soccer, a new tennis complex, new basketball practice facilities, new football practice fields and major renovations to the Sun Dome arena.

Since then, the only construction has been a new $2.79 million track, which was paid for by Hillsborough County."

Am I the only one that noticed how since 2005, when Woolard announced the athletics district plan, that USF has not built a single thing as of yet (I know the track stadium has been built, but that was built by Hillsborough county)? What is the reason for not getting started on these projects? Im going to assume lack of money, but still.  

The $$$$ are out there to get things done (i.e. see Louisville, Cinci and other programs that have built new facilities for various sports over the past 4-5 years).

Vision is fine...but its dead without leadership, which is normally what it takes to get things done.

Remember...the economy was strong back in 2005-2007...and if Woolard couldn't get things built when times were GOOD...how in the world will he get anything built when times are bad?

KL..Go back on vacation.  Why do you bring up facilities against a program that we are 0 - 4 against in football?  You don't have to answer that question.  No one is interested in your spin.

Hey Beach -

I am free for Memphis and Houston.  You are free for Miami.  Whatcha think?  =)

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

KL, the football stadium is not state-of-the-art?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I think, by definition, state-of the-art facilities can't have water fountains as an afterthought .....

Looks like this thread is destined for a road trip ...  ;)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

You don't have to answer that question.  No one is interested in your spin.

Well...since you are totally clueless and you didn't bother to answer/respond...I figured I would.

Spin?

I just posted facts...something which evades a huge majority of your posts.

PS. I normally avoid this board but my response was moved to this board by Triple B who started a new thread with it.

Didn't mean to take any green LIMElight away from you and all your girlfriends.

My bad.

If today was April 1st...my answer would be: "Sure! Of course it is!!"

But like 95% of all college football stadiums...it is adequate...but more importantly, its ON CAMPUS.

Having to go to games at the Citrus Bowl for 2 plus decades...I would have taken ANYTHING on campus over that dump...but BHNS turned out much nicer than I had originally thought...but as I noted in the very beginning...the UCF Arena is really the crown jewel/hidden gem of all the projects...as it is a very SWEET on-campus facility.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,037

But like 95% of all college football stadiums...it is adequate...but more importantly, its ON CAMPUS.

Having to go to games at the Citrus Bowl for 2 plus decades...I would have taken ANYTHING on campus over that dump...but BHNS turned out much nicer than I had originally thought...but as I noted in the very beginning...the UCF Arena is really the crown jewel/hidden gem of all the projects...as it is a very SWEET on-campus facility.

Q: USC, Miami, and Pittsburgh... what do they all have in common?

A: They play in OFF CAMPUS stadiums and have won/played in multiple national championships. Plus, recruits LOVE the idea of playing in *gasp* an NFL stadium.  :moon

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

...but BHNS turned out much nicer than I had originally thought...

Really?  What were you expecting for it to be much nicer?  Barbed wire instead of chain link?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

PS. I normally avoid this board but my response was moved to this board by Triple B who started a new thread with it.

Whoa, chief .... the board this was moved from is the one you should normally be avoiding, not this one. Here's that board's description: Join the largest online Bulls community and post your messages on the Bulls here!!. As much as you want to be part of our community, you're not. Brad has thoughtfully provided other boards on this site to post on for those outside the community. That one is pretty much for our use, to *****, moan and bicker among ourselves and we really don't need any self appointed know-it-all outsider to "enlighten" us (no matter how big of a USF database you have) ... we have plenty of insiders trying to do that.

And this has now officially turned to drivel and is on its' way ...    ;)

Q: USC, Miami, and Pittsburgh... what do they all have in common?

Answer...Pitt and Miami now play in front of tens of thousands of empty seats in NFL Stadiums in their metro area.

USC on the other hand...plays in basically THEIR stadium which is located RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM CAMPUS (as everyone who has gone to a game there knows), and actually, more of their campus is closer to the Coliseum vs UCF's Southside of campus is located to BHNS.

What was your point again?