• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

actually i think buchalter gave that little ranking as a tongue and cheek ranking for the sentinel.  He is semi-retired but does run a prep-report website in a jv with the sentinel called 'varsitygridirons'.  The site is varsitygridiron.com, check it out because bill has a top 100 list there, and if you look at that list you'd realize that his little tongue and cheek ranking he gave on signing day was graded on a curb.  He couldnt/doesn't honestly believe UCF's class is in our class.  In his top 100 list USF signed 9 and UCF 3....go figure!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

UCF should move down to the Sun Belt.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  1,037

You really wasted time to find this thread and post that? Wow.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

You really wasted time to find this thread and post that? Wow.

Now that he's dug it up, I may as well put it where it belongs .....  8)

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/11348279

Dennis Dodd's mailbag that is devoted almost entirely to defending his piece on UCF. The highlight for me?

"From: Adam

Please present all the facts. UCF hired that independent investigator to make sure that media outlets such as yours do not keep falsely speculating on the issue. THEY ARE CONFIDENT THEY DID NOTHING WRONG. It is funny how some of the media, usually those who are supporters of UF, FSU, Miami such as at the Orlando Sentinel tend to slam UCF whenever they get a chance, especially the day before signing day. People fear UCF.

Confused in Orlando:

Fear? FEAR? Fear what? The 4-8 record last season? The recruits who de-committed from Florida, Florida state and Miami? Fear the nation's worst offense (119th last season, I checked)?

Thanks for ending this discussion with a heavy dose of logic."

Classic....

;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/11348279

Dennis Dodd's mailbag that is devoted almost entirely to defending his piece on UCF. The highlight for me?

"From: Adam

Please present all the facts. UCF hired that independent investigator to make sure that media outlets such as yours do not keep falsely speculating on the issue. THEY ARE CONFIDENT THEY DID NOTHING WRONG. It is funny how some of the media, usually those who are supporters of UF, FSU, Miami such as at the Orlando Sentinel tend to slam UCF whenever they get a chance, especially the day before signing day. People fear UCF.

Confused in Orlando:

Fear? FEAR? Fear what? The 4-8 record last season? The recruits who de-committed from Florida, Florida state and Miami? Fear the nation's worst offense (119th last season, I checked)?

Thanks for ending this discussion with a heavy dose of logic."

Classic....

;)

LOL LOL LOL LOL

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  476

actually i think buchalter gave that little ranking as a tongue and cheek ranking for the sentinel.  He is semi-retired but does run a prep-report website in a jv with the sentinel called 'varsitygridirons'.  The site is varsitygridiron.com, check it out because bill has a top 100 list there, and if you look at that list you'd realize that his little tongue and cheek ranking he gave on signing day was graded on a curb.  He couldnt/doesn't honestly believe UCF's class is in our class.  In his top 100 list USF signed 9 and UCF 3....go figure!

You boys got a grade B in the Sentinel like us.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You boys got a grade B in the Sentinel like us.

What's that you say the only place on the planet that groups us together is an Orlando paper?   :KoolAid

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  573

The Orlando Sentinel thinks that UCF's and USF's recruiting class was the same...wow!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/orl-sportsbuchgrades05020509feb05,0,1067192.story

Actually, that's a pretty good indication of how much better Buchalter thinks of our program is than UCF's. He obviously graded on some sort of a curve. Our class was head and shoulders above the UCF class, based on the rankings. What he's saying is that we both can do one grade better but the ceiling is a lot lower on UCF than it is on us. If you reversed the classes, we would haven't gotten a 'C', if not lower, and UCF would have received an A+.

huh? 

It made sense when i wrote it .....  ::)

The guy on the other thread made it clearer..... If you have one child in the 2nd grade, another in the 6th grade and they both get a 'B' on their report card, it doesn't mean they're at the same intelligence level, does it?

i understood it - i have your back!

I understand your point but IMO the grading of recruits shouldn't be done on a relative basis. In the end it just doesn't reflect the true results.  There is no valid reason for us to be ranked the same as ucf, not even based on conference affiliation.  If that were the case they should've gotten a A+ because they had the best class in their conference, or at least 2nd best.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

The Orlando Sentinel thinks that UCF's and USF's recruiting class was the same...wow!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/orl-sportsbuchgrades05020509feb05,0,1067192.story

Actually, that's a pretty good indication of how much better Buchalter thinks of our program is than UCF's. He obviously graded on some sort of a curve. Our class was head and shoulders above the UCF class, based on the rankings. What he's saying is that we both can do one grade better but the ceiling is a lot lower on UCF than it is on us. If you reversed the classes, we would haven't gotten a 'C', if not lower, and UCF would have received an A+.

huh? 

It made sense when i wrote it .....  ::)

The guy on the other thread made it clearer..... If you have one child in the 2nd grade, another in the 6th grade and they both get a 'B' on their report card, it doesn't mean they're at the same intelligence level, does it?

i understood it - i have your back!

I understand your point but IMO the grading of recruits shouldn't be done on a relative basis. In the end it just doesn't reflect the true results.  There is no valid reason for us to be ranked the same as ucf, not even based on conference affiliation.  If that were the case they should've gotten a A+ because they had the best class in their conference, or at least 2nd best.

To be perfectly honest, IMO, the assigning of grades to anything based on subjective criteria is a pretty stupid way to do it ...