• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mind numbing UCF/USF drivel, et al

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Pretty stupid question here.

While USF has done exceptionally well, to even compare them to either UF, FSU or UM is an outright joke.

Has USF ever won a national championship?

Has USF ever won a conference championship?

Has USF been to a BCS bowl?

Has USF been ranked at the end of a season?

****, I like USF but things like this make my head spin.  There are teams like Utah, Boise State, TCU, BYU, Hawaii an others that are not BCS teams that have accomplished much more than USF, and you think you can put them in the same category as the other three.  One good year, that is it, one good year is what USF has had and they could not finish it.  Do I have to post the final score of the Oregon game to bring you guys back to reality.  FSU had a horrible year last year, suspended half their team for the bowl game against a solid SEC Kentucky team and still only lost by seven.  Need I remind you guys what was missing from the Oregon team?

USF has the ability to be something very special, but you ain't there yet, not even close.

Oh and one other note, please don't compare Grothe to Tebow or Rusty Smith for that matter.  Both those guys have NFL futures, Grothe, while a good college QB, is not going to sniff the NFL.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Not big 4 yet...

However, we're much closer than any of the others.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Pretty stupid question here.

Then you're just the guy to answer it ....

While USF has done exceptionally well, to even compare them to either UF, FSU or UM is an outright joke.

Has USF ever won a national championship?

Has USF ever won a conference championship?

Has USF been to a BCS bowl?

Has USF been ranked at the end of a season?

****, I like USF but things like this make my head spin.  There are teams like Utah, Boise State, TCU, BYU, Hawaii an others that are not BCS teams that have accomplished much more than USF, and you think you can put them in the same category as the other three.  One good year, that is it, one good year is what USF has had and they could not finish it.  Do I have to post the final score of the Oregon game to bring you guys back to reality.  FSU had a horrible year last year, suspended half their team for the bowl game against a solid SEC Kentucky team and still only lost by seven.  Need I remind you guys what was missing from the Oregon team?

USF has the ability to be something very special, but you ain't there yet, not even close.

Oh and one other note, please don't compare Grothe to Tebow or Rusty Smith for that matter.  Both those guys have NFL futures, Grothe, while a good college QB, is not going to sniff the NFL.

For Pete's sake, Francis, lighten the Hell up. You have been around long enough to realize that all this thread is is a shot at UCF. I realize it pains you to see that and it gave you a chance to take one of your patented off base shots at USF but get a freaking clue.

Oh and one other note, nobody said a word about Grothe, so I have no idea why you felt the need to take a shot at him, also ..... Did I mention you need to get a freaking clue?

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Oh and one other note, nobody said a word about Grothe, so I have no idea why you felt the need to take a shot at him, also

Actually, I did.  And the reason why I was showing comparisons is because no other QB in the state besides Tebow, Grothe and Smith have done ANYTHING worthwhile.  None.  I was not saying that all three had NFL futures, but Tebow and Grothe did have one thing in common - throwing for more than 2500 yards and running for more than 800.  Only Central Michigan's QB is in that same group.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Wasn't the question who is the 5th best team?  Well it isn't us. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Oh and one other note, nobody said a word about Grothe, so I have no idea why you felt the need to take a shot at him, also

Actually, I did. 

****, I hate when that happens ....

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

You have been around long enough to realize that all this thread is is a shot at UCF.

And it wasn't even a good one. :-\

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I guess Ohio State should shut their program down since they can't beat SEC teams in bowl games.

I'll give Leavitt credit for one thing..he knows how to fire up his team for the game against his cross state rivals.  O'Leary, not so much.

I think Leavitt had help from O'leary's comments(if I remember correctly) and the players were tired of all the smack talk and put it to rest.

And the UCF fans are antagonistic a$$holes..so it makes it easy to dislike them in every way.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

I guess Ohio State should shut their program down since they can't beat SEC teams in bowl games.

I'll give Leavitt credit for one thing..he knows how to fire up his team for the game against his cross state rivals.  O'Leary, not so much.

I think Leavitt had help from O'leary's comments(if I remember correctly) and the players were tired of all the smack talk and put it to rest.

And the UCF fans are antagonistic a$$holes..so it makes it easy to dislike them in every way.

It wasn't O'Leary's comments, it was Bianchi and the guy who rode the bull(whose name I can't recall at the moment).

As far as fans go, we are no worse than any other school who doesn't like you.  Hell, you should have seen Marshall fans act towards UCF fans in 2002(in WV).  You'd think a riot was about to break out.