• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

K. Smith and Joe Burnett going Pro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

We may beat UCF by more than 52 next year with Smith and Burnett gone...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Burnett was not very good on deep coverage(he got lots of picks cause people kept throwing to his side and not the other side, USF included).  Him leaving early is a mistake for him as he needed more work on his game.

24K's stock is pretty high, but I know he will need to add 10-15lbs of muscle to be a good back in the league based on his running style.  With the programs NFL teams have, I do not think that will be a problem.

As for Smith's replacement, it will be an open game for the RB spot.  The first guy on the chart is Phillip Smith.  He has a faster 40 time, but needs to go to the Tiki Barber School of Fumbles.  There are some redshirt FRs and true FRs coming in.  Who knows how that will turn up.

Honestly, I think Smith changed his mind cause I think our offensive philosophy is going to be going more to the pass starting next year.  I have a feeling Weatherford will start and GOL has been very impressed with his development during his redshirt year.  We have a good corps of WRs, so I expect them to be used more since we will have a more capable QB.  I think Smith saw that coming and decided it was best for him to cash in his chips.  Burnett is his roomie and I'm guessing he didn't want to play here without his buddy, so he decided to leave too.

That's just my guess.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,370

I think Kevin made the right move. Second round is **** good. If he came back next year, I doubt he would've topped this year. Plus, the potential for serious injury (i.e., Willis McGahee) or senior year slump would drop him. I don't care for UCF, but I like Smith...and wish him luck.

• Content Count:  26

its funny how those mouse fans were all over this whole thing about moffit and now that this news about smith broke they are quiet as can be,

must be karma for those crackheads

They're not completely quiet.  A few of them are already bragging about how they're going to kill us next year because their quarterback is better than ours.  ::)  Read the comments some of them have posted at the bottom of the story.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/orl-smith0708jan07,0,3749664.story?coll=orl_tab01_layout

• Content Count:  4,738

its funny how those mouse fans were all over this whole thing about moffit and now that this news about smith broke they are quiet as can be,

They're not completely quiet.  A few of them are already bragging about how they're going to kill us next year because their quarterback is better than ours.  ::)  Read the comments some of them have posted at the bottom of the story.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college/knights/orl-smith0708jan07,0,3749664.story?coll=orl_tab01_layout

wow did they watch their bowl game?  Their QB single handedly made sure they couldnt win.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

They're not completely quiet.  A few of them are already bragging about how they're going to kill us next year because their quarterback is better than ours.   ::)  Read the comments some of them have posted at the bottom of the story.

wow did they watch their bowl game?  Their QB single handedly made sure they couldnt win.

that QB is gone, they think weatherford will be good. LOL

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We may beat UCF by more than 52 next year with Smith and Burnett gone...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Burnett was not very good on deep coverage(he got lots of picks cause people kept throwing to his side and not the other side, USF included).  Him leaving early is a mistake for him as he needed more work on his game.

24K's stock is pretty high, but I know he will need to add 10-15lbs of muscle to be a good back in the league based on his running style.  With the programs NFL teams have, I do not think that will be a problem.

As for Smith's replacement, it will be an open game for the RB spot.  The first guy on the chart is Phillip Smith.  He has a faster 40 time, but needs to go to the Tiki Barber School of Fumbles.  There are some redshirt FRs and true FRs coming in.  Who knows how that will turn up.

Honestly, I think Smith changed his mind cause I think our offensive philosophy is going to be going more to the pass starting next year.  I have a feeling Weatherford will start and GOL has been very impressed with his development during his redshirt year.  We have a good corps of WRs, so I expect them to be used more since we will have a more capable QB.  I think Smith saw that coming and decided it was best for him to cash in his chips.  Burnett is his roomie and I'm guessing he didn't want to play here without his buddy, so he decided to leave too.

That's just my guess.

Unless you were going to 45+ passes a game next year that statement is out there.  He would have still carried the ball 25 times a game.  The problem was this year he was getting it **** near 35-40 times a game.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

....and suddenly it gets real quiet in MouseLand, as they realize that despite all their jealous online hissy fits, and non-stop circle jerks they are going to be TERRIBLE next year.

It will 64-12 by halftime of next years game.

Makes you wonder what is really going on? I wonder how many online courses they are taking ;^)

We are playing at home and it gets pretty loud...ask Texas, Tulsa, etc...I doubt you'll drop 64 on us at the Brighthouse....

Good luck to Kevin, he'll represent UCF well

loud?  Ask auburn.  This is the game i am most excited about next year!

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

They're not completely quiet.  A few of them are already bragging about how they're going to kill us next year because their quarterback is better than ours.   ::)  Read the comments some of them have posted at the bottom of the story.

he is a senior.  Does anyone know how good there Backup is.  My guess, suckish.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

It's the best thing for him.  450 more carries would NOT bode well with his body.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

he is a senior.  Does anyone know how good there Backup is.  My guess, suckish.

Here's a hint: Greco was on the field about half the game against USF and they only generated three points on offense while he was in, even after USF pulled all their defensive starters. And they needed a fake punt to keep that drive going.

Archived