• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

K. Smith and Joe Burnett going Pro

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Now that he has declared, does this bar him from coming back if he does in fact have bad combine results?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Now that he has declared, does this bar him from coming back if he does in fact have bad combine results?

Pretty sure he has to hire an agent and take some cash and he won't be back.  I'm sure moma has an agent or they would've decided to stay in school.  But agent was callin' moma tellin her about all that dough he is missin'.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I think Kevin going pro is the best thing for him to do and I also think it will be a benefit to UCF as well.  Kevin will be a second round pick at worst and that means at least a $1,000,000 signing bonus along with a three or four year contract.  Good for him, running backs normally don't go very high with the exception of maybe the top one. 

UCF will now be forced to use the playmakers they have at WR and they have several very good ones.  UCF's offensive line is solid, not great, but good enough to give protection to either Weatherford or whomever steps in.  UCF will not be able to so predictable, something that should help them dramatically.  Also, I have no doubt that George O'Leary will not find another good RB, he has had one every where he has coached.

What makes you say second round at worst?  Supposebly O'Leary made some calls and found at 3rd - 4th round pick.  I would think that sounds about right.  I could see him going maybe as early as 2nd or even later than 4th. 

I'll take ESPN's projections over yours.

It isn't my prediction.  Depending on what he does at the combine I could see him going in the second round.  I could be wrong but I thought George O'Leary had made some calls and told Kevin he thought 3rd or 4th, so saying 2nd round at worst seems suspect.

• Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

From USF experience, all the playmaking WRs don't mean anything if the QB cannot consistently get them the bowl.

Also, nothing in GOL history at UCF shows the ability to use playmaking WRs, see Marshall and Walker.

GOL moved both Walker and Marshall to DB's because they had no talent back there.  Remember that was George O'Leary's first year at UCF and he cleaned house, leaving little speed to play secondary.  The second year he had them both, Walker was hurt and did not play the last two games, of which I believe they made the championship game.  O'Leary's problem is at QB, he does not demand a super star back there but a game manager that does not make mistakes.  Joe Weatherford is the best pure QB UCF has had since Daunte, if they coach him right, their passing game should be much improved.

Archived