• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BM Story makes National Media

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we must wait and allow the investigation to play out

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

USF and it's studensts/fans are the ones getting screwed by this.

Just exactly how am I, as a fan, getting screwed by this?

Technically, if he all of his work is declared ineligelible and he is stated ineligable for the last 4 years, they could charge USF for playing an ineligable player, thats what i saw somewere else.

That's fine, IF that happens. Right now, the only ones getting screwed by this are the Moffitts and their children.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

USF and it's studensts/fans are the ones getting screwed by this.

Just exactly how am I, as a fan, getting screwed by this?

Technically, if he all of his work is declared ineligelible and he is stated ineligable for the last 4 years, they could charge USF for playing an ineligable player, thats what i saw somewere else.

That's fine, IF that happens. Right now, the only ones getting screwed by this are the Moffitts and their children.

the moffitts put their children in story \years ago

so did usf pr machine

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

so did usf pr machine

So what does that matter?  It wasn't just made up - it was how things were at one time.  Well that changed.  No different than a child being a straight A student and the parents fawning all over him and then he chooses to drop out and serve burgers as part of his long term career plan.  That doesn't mean he was never a good student.  I know you're bothered because of your views on religion and family.  It's a feeding frenzy for that people in that corner  To many others, it's just a part of life.

You know many schools PR their players as Heisman Candidates, and look how fall they far (See Slaton, Steve).  Does that mean Slaton never had it and we should just kick him in the nuts next time we see him?

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Just wanna say if Moffits family life was news worthy for 3 1/2 seasons then the breakup is also news worthy.  IMO Ben's a heel and I have lost my respect for him as a person not that matters for squat.  So what if he was a good football player he's a self absorbed turd now.  IMO at this point in time Ben is basically just another Brian Fisher.  The woman helps support him for four yrs and when things are about to turn around in six months for the best he abandons his children and bolts so HE can live foot loose and fancy free.  Yes, that's his life choice but it makes him a creep.  The only way his walking out on his wife is justifible at this point in time is if she committed adultry which seems more unlikely than the reverse.  I've written to much but I felt like saying this.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

so did usf pr machine

So what does that matter?  It wasn't just made up - it was how things were at one time.   Well that changed.  No different than a child being a straight A student and the parents fawning all over him and then he chooses to drop out and serve burgers as part of his long term career plan.  That doesn't mean he was never a good student.  I know you're bothered because of your views on religion and family.  It's a feeding frenzy for that people in that corner  To many others, it's just a part of life.

You know many schools PR their players as Heisman Candidates, and look how fall they far (See Slaton, Steve).  Does that mean Slaton never had it and we should just kick him in the nuts next time we see him?

If people were hyping Steve Slaton as a Heisman candidate months after he had dropped out of the Heisman race, they'd look pretty stupid. If someone reported two years from now that Steve Slaton won the 2007 Heisman, I'd expect reporting correcting the error.

For your point to stand up, you'd have to find me the point in the bowl game where the broadcasters talked about how Moffitt used to do all the things he was praised for doing. They didn't say that. They said he does them now.

See, I can't help what the MEDIA says...they read stuff right out of a media guide that was printed before the season started.  The fact they continue, without research to perpetuate a story is their problem.  The announcers said Moffitt does those things "now" because that is what the season old media guide and game notes say.  Unless Ben made it public to USF and the SID to take all that out of there, it's still gonna be there...unless you're implying as Greg's piece did that USF was sort of complicit in this whole superdaddy thing.

My point with Slaton and anything else is that things change.  It's not Watergate or something of that scale, it's a guy leaving his wife.  It happens quite a bit.  I know two guys from work that have divorced, yet continue to answer questions about their wives never letting on they were no longer with them - they don't feel their divorce is anyone's business. 

If Ben somehow benefited from this superdaddy thing and then purposely lied and truly perpetuated the story that's one thing.  I'm not sure that's the case and no one has presented any facts along those lines.  I know some say he benefitted from the reputation or whatever...I don't buy that.  The only repitation that he is or would benefit from was the reputation of his football skills - the rest is just window dressing and in this case gossip about someone else's private life - good or bad.  Why should anyone really care?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

Just wanna say if Moffits family life was news worthy for 3 1/2 seasons then the breakup is also news worthy.  IMO Ben's a heel and I have lost my respect for him as a person not that matters for squat.  So what if he was a good football player he's a self absorbed turd now.  IMO at this point in time Ben is basically just another Brian Fisher.  The woman helps support him for four yrs and when things are about to turn around in six months for the best he abandons his children and bolts so HE can live foot loose and fancy free.  Yes, that's his life choice but it makes him a creep.  The only way his walking out on his wife is justifible at this point in time is if she committed adultry which seems more unlikely than the reverse.  I've written to much but I felt like saying this.

The media did play up the family life thing-- probably too much. How that mattered to his play on the field I will never know. THe only reason I can see it was done was to play down that whole father out of wedlock scenario that was played up so big for many years. Here was a guy who also had kids while playing but was married. It did seem to detract from the players just being baby-daddy's.

Anyway-- I would give Moffitt a little bit of room here. It seems everyone is assuming that h is running away from her simply because he will be getting drafted and making the big money. Who are we to say we know the real situation? Maybe he just got tired of living with her and followed the advice of his divorce attorney. If you get divorced, you don't continue living with your ex-wife. I just don't see this as all his fault and even if it is his fault--- who the hell are we to judge him?

This is exactly why I think this story is wrong (at this point) on so many levels.

It has generated nothing more than her accusations and others' speculation.  It'd be nice for there to be something real and provable before we toss Moffitt or anyone else into the reject bucket.  Maybe if we stuck him in GITMO people would be screaming for actual proof and facts!!  :)

modified by Bulliever to repair spelling typo...

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

--- who the hell are we to judge him?

We're the fans that pay for the tickets, make the donations, and buy the team gear whose profits funded the team. Those profits paid player rent waivers which paid Moffit's mortgage for 3 seasons.  When I drop close to a dime ($1000) for a four day weekend in El Paso and drive 18 hrs over four days not to mention the other three Bowls and away games I have attended, I believe I have the right to judge those playing on the team I root for 24/7/365.  We judge if a player is talented or not.  What's the diff.?  We can judge if the members of the team are worthy of our hard earned denaro.  BCS D1A football players are public figures.  What they do is news worthy?  News is reported to gain perspective and judge.  Has anyone here formed an opinion of Mike Tyson, President Clinton, Britney Spears or Paris Hilton?  What about the presidential candidates?  Wait, who are we to judge?  See my point.  Nobody should fault Greg or Brent.

Archived