• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

State of the Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

In my opinion the Big East is really a weak conference(RIGHT NOW) despite what some on this board feel. MAYBE we are on the rise but in no way is this conference a good one. Oregon was damaged goods. They got shut out by a bad UCLA team and beat in a rivalry game by oregon state. The Big East is soft. UCONN lost, we were embarassed, and Southern Miss gave Cinci a game.

I am really hoping for a WVU win tonight in the Fiesta bowl.

Go ahead flame me and say im crazy and and whatever else you may say but its my opinion.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

That Oregon team we played was not the one that played UCLA and OSU. The coaching staff got a month to prepare a game plan and start their RS QB. In the UCLA and OSU game Oregon did not have the time to change their offense and prepare their QB for that offense.

• Content Count:  937
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think anyone has ever said the big east all in powerful. We know its not the strongest conference, but it is definitly BCS worthy.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

That Oregon team we played was not the one that played UCLA and OSU. The coaching staff got a month to prepare a game plan and start their RS QB. In the UCLA and OSU game Oregon did not have the time to change their offense and prepare their QB for that offense.

Ditto that Cuban, that definitely was not the Oregon team that played UCLA nor OSU.  Remember, Cincinnati worked OSU at the beginning of the season.  Alot of the reason that Cincinnati had the success that they did this year was because they had a fiery leader in senior QB Mauk.  His leadership helped push that team.  Remember also that Purdue barely beat a team that they worked over at the beginning of the season.  Some teams play up for their bowl game and some teams play down.  We had the best bowl short of a BCS game and played way down, that's all.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

they had a month to get a QB who never started a game prepared to play a GREAT defense!

• Content Count:  148

I don't know too much about the "Civil War," but THAT Oregon team we saw would have probably still won at 'Zona, beaten UCLA & Cal.  I know it is hard to see, but that was not the same team.  

• Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

they had a month to get a QB who never started a game prepared to play a GREAT defense!

We have a good defense but i wouldnt say it was GREAT. A great defense doesnt get slashed like that. Their coaching staff used our strength,SPEED against us and after that our defense had no clue what was going on.

• Content Count:  2,661

All the leagues are hovering around .500 in the bowls this year. The Pac-10 is 4-2, the SEC 5-3. The Big East will probably end up 2-3, similar to the Big Ten and the Asti & Cheese Conference. No catastrophe there, unless Rutgers figures out a way to lose to friggin' Ball State.

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I am proud of the WVU team.  They stuck together, knowing that the team is what matters in football.  How many times have you seen where a team that has "no chance" comes out and dominates a game?  Once again WVU saves our bacon as a conference.  I have said some critical things about WVU in the past, but I have empathy for their fans after RR abandoned them, and I am enjoying seeing them dominate the Sooners.  I don't think that they will lose any financial support after this performance.

Go Bulls (and for today, WVU).

Archived