• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2008 Projected Lineup

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

From Brent McMurphy's Blog

USF’s 2008 projected lineup

Offense

QB – Matt Grothe, Jr.

RB – Mike Ford, Soph.

WR – Taurus Johnson, Sr.

WR – Carlton Mitchell, Soph.

WR – Jessie Hester, Jr.

LT – Marc Dile, Sr.

LG – Ryan Schmidt, Sr.

C – Jake Griffin, Sr.

RG – Zach Hermann, Soph.

RT - Matt Huners, Sr.

RT – Jacob Sims, Soph.

TE – Cedric Hill, Sr.

K - Delbert Alvarado, Jr.

Defense

DE – George Selvie, Jr.

DT – Aaron Harris, Jr.

NT – Terrell McClain, Soph.

DE – Jarrett Buie, Sr.

SLB – Tyrone McKenzie, Sr.

WLB – Brouce Mompremier, Sr. 

MLB – Kion Wilson, Jr.

CB – Jerome Murphy, Jr.

CB – Tyller Roberts, Sr.

SS – Carlton Williams, Sr.

FS – Nate Allen, Jr.

P – Delbert Alvarado, Jr.

Class indicates 2008 eligibility

Link-http://sports.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C127/

Looks Solid for 2008.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JulmisteForPrez

I've got to believe one of the freshmen  Safeties can beat out Carlton Williams.

He's a step or two slower than he needs to be, and while he makes an occasional play, he just seems to be "in limbo" out there too often.

Seems to me Jerrel Young or Charlton Sinclair could beat him out......then again, we know how Coach Leavittt is with upperclassmen.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I've got to believe one of the freshmen  Safeties can beat out Carlton Williams.

He's a step or two slower than he needs to be, and while he makes an occasional play, he just seems to be "in limbo" out there too often.

Seems to me Jerrel Young or Charlton Sinclair could beat him out......then again, we know how Coach Leavittt is with upperclassmen.

Have you seen these Freshman play at all?  How can you think they are better than Carlton Williams?  This is ridiculous, but par for the course from you MAB.  CW is one of the guys with the most experience on our Defense for next year.  Don't you think that carries any weight?  Maybe Selvie and McKenzie should be benched too........

MAB, just keep complaining about the OC.  Its obvious you don't have a clue about our personnel. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,593
  • Days Won:  29

Have you seen these Freshman play at all?  ... 

LOL ... with all the FR & SO playing/starting, MAB shows his ignorance often.

Back to the subject.

I feel good about the potential of our 2008 team, my biggest concerns are with both Lines. The Tackles on OL and depth at DL.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

definitely need some more fast dough boys on both lines.

• Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

We are losing most of OLine next year we need to recruit some big guys that can play this year

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I'm waiting to see whether or not Jared Carnes will get one more year of eligibility. That would be great to have someone else returning on the O-Line.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Gregory slip into the first string. I love Grothe, but he really pushes a lot and I beleive he ended up with more INT's than touchdowns. Gregory is a very good QB. Who knows some competition may jump up both their games.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Have you seen these Freshman play at all?  How can you think they are better than Carlton Williams?  This is ridiculous, but par for the course from you MAB.  CW is one of the guys with the most experience on our Defense for next year.  Don't you think that carries any weight?  Maybe Selvie and McKenzie should be benched too........

MAB, just keep complaining about the OC.  Its obvious you don't have a clue about our personnel. 

Yes.....I'm an insider.

I know all about the freshmen because I know everything there is to know about everything.

God forbid a FAN MESSAGE BOARD should have discussion on an issue such as this.

You know, JoeB, no matter what you, I, or even Smazza says on this site (yes......even your sheer genius), nothing will actually change on the field.

You do realize that, right?

It's okay, JoeB.

Everybody knows I'm smarter than you.

You don't have to try to hide that fact anymore.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Carlton Williams may not be the playmaker in the secondary Trae, Jenk and Nate were this year, but he is a solid player.

i dont know about any of the freshmen, but the only guy i can think of off top that could compete for the starting position is Danny V...  altho he is a FS and a year away from the game makes him a relatively unknown quantity at this point.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,593
  • Days Won:  29

We lose 2 OT's from the O-Line, far from most. And as stated, Carnes may get another year. We may be in good shape with Huners, Sims, Carnes and Dile ... but a JuCo OT will help greatly. I feel good about our Interior OL.

Verpaele is as much a unknown has only watch USF football from afar, this year. He has shown he's a viable 2-Deep player and has practiced with the team all season.

We don't know how good Gregory is, but there is o reason to replace Grothe. He has shown he's a starter/winner. The only negative against Grothe is his INT's. His performance shows why we have won 9 games in each of the past 2 seasons. Gregory has shown that he's good, but to discount the performances of Grothe is silly.

MAB  ::) It's a message board and opinions are part of it, but to state false claims and not expected to be called upon them is silly.

Archived