• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2008 Projected Lineup

Guest JulmisteForPrez

MAB  ::) It's a message board and opinions are part of it, but to state false claims and not expected to be called upon them is silly.

"False claims," huh, E.T.?

Geepers......seems like I just threw an OPINION out there.

"Carlton Williams isn't that good."

Do I need to pull the dictionary out for you geniuses and open it to the page where "opinion" is defined?

I guess I just didn't realize people's opinions' were open for COMPLETE lambasting.

It's open season now, fellas.

This could get fun... >:D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I highly doubt you will see Carlton Williams who will be a 4 year starter next year getting beat out by a Freshman.  At this point it is not about being a better athlete, but also about actually knowing where to be to make the play.

You want to replace Grothe with Gregory?  Based on what?  Give the guy some support and put him in a position to manage the game and not need to make super human plays to move the ball and he doesn't throw so many interceptions.  Grothe is probably going to be on some Heisman Watch lists next year.  You want to replace him?  

Some of the stuff people come up with is too funny sometmes.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I highly doubt you will see Carlton Williams who will be a 4 year starter next year getting beat out by a Freshman.  At this point it is not about being a better athlete, but also about actually knowing where to be to make the play.

You want to replace Grothe with Gregory?  Based on what?  Give the guy some support and put him in a position to manage the game and not need to make super human plays to move the ball and he doesn't throw so many interceptions.  Grothe is probably going to be on some Heisman Watch lists next year.  You want to replace him?  

Some of the stuff people come up with is too funny sometmes.

Who wants to replace Grothe w/ Gregory??

I think someone just threw that out there as a counterpoint -- weak and pathetic though it may have been -- to what I said about Williams.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Replacing Trae and Mike at the corners is what really scares me.  Theres more than likely gunna be a drop off in talent there. 

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Replacing Trae and Mike at the corners is what really scares me.  Theres more than likely gunna be a drop off in talent there. 

Yep.

I like the way Jerome Murphy plays, but I've never been all that impressed with Tyller Roberts.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Yep.

I like the way Jerome Murphy plays, but I've never been all that impressed with Tyller Roberts.

I think we will use a lot more zone coverage next season. 

• Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

Offense looks good, although I agree with E.T. on the O-Line.  The OT's worry me a little, especially the depth there.  I'm anxious to see if Edenfield will deliver and it would be nice to see Tolley get healthy - last I heard he was giving it another shot.  Need some of the younger receivers to step up too.

Defensive concerns are DT and corners.  I think McClain will be fine at nose, looked pretty good against Oregon although I haven't had the stomach to go back and watch it again yet.  Murphy is a flat out player and will be fine at corner if his head is on right and he stays out of Leavitt's doghouse.  I'm a little more concerned about Roberts, but he has experience.  I'd like to see what Q, Douglas, or maybe Tyson Butler can do to add depth.

Should be a good team in 2008 and challenge for the Big East title!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Genus geting lots of playing time next year as well.  He played a fair amount this year.

• Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

Replacing Trae Williams and Mike Jenkins at CB scares me too.. However, did we really use that many defensive schemes that left them out there on an island??  You would think that with two "lockdown" corners, we would've been putting 9 players in the box against Oregon (and most other teams) and blitzed the crap out of them (like they did us).  But, it seemed like Oregon was running against 4 d-linemen the whole game.  So, you have to wonder if we really utilized Trae and Mike like we could've.

I'm not so worried back there.  There of course will be a drop off in talent, but we may be better up front and we didn't do much blitzing this year because we reallt didn't need to.  I expect some of the defensive schemes to change a bit to move to take advantage of our strengths and protect against our inexperienced areas.  Maybe more zone and double coverages.  That's college football.  You lose players to graduation, but younger guys develop.  We go through this every year.  This past year everyone was worried about losing Snake and St. louis.  We probably got better this year at LB.  I don't expect to be better at DB, but we will be fine.

Archived