• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

APB for Selvie and the USF defense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  349
  • Days Won:  0

we only have 1 Clebert...

he's graduating.

we now have a grand total of 0 Cleberts.

I thought he had one more year of eligibility if he graduated on time? Or is that Buie?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Terrell McClain will be a stud for us next season and fill Cleberts shoes nicely.  Yesterday should be an eye opener for DT prospect Kyri Thornton he should be licking his chops at the opportunity he would get for immediate PT here.  Not to mention current verbal Cory Grissom is a big impressive kid that could easily get op to around 290 by the start of the season with our strength coaches working with him.  Hopefully the staff closes both of these kids because they could give us an immediate size upgrade inside.   

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Selvie must have missed the flight to El Paso.  I didn't see him at all.  We didn't touch the QB all day. 

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I am not sure about this, but I want to start a thread and I am not sure how to go about it.

Do you just pick out the best player you have, then ignore that there were 10 other guys on the field, and proceed to say that the best player on that unit was "exposed", "didn't show up", "isn't an every down player", etc.? I don't want to screw it up.

Seriously, we were playing with 2 LBs. If Selvie made a move to the inside, they ran outside, if he went outside, they ran inside. Selvie wasn't the problem. I like Clebert, but he isn't doing anything in the middle. If the interior D-Line were plugging the holes, the RB has to run outside. I love to see a RB try to turn the corner on Selvie, he is **** good at shutting down the outside run if he isn't trying to get inside because there is no help there. The DE's job isn't to stop the run right up the gut.

• Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Well we are back, exhausted but made it back to Tampa town safe and sound.

I had the opportunity to meet the Offensive Tackle that was guarding Clebert & Cray.  He was catching a flight to Hawaii, his home of record.  We congratulated him on the win and he was extremely humble and came back to say "thank you" but it took us losing our last 2 bowl games to finally get here so don't give up. Your time is coming.  He was 6'5'', 315 pounds of solid beef.  We asked him the average on the O-line for weight and he said 315 pounds.  I am only 5'3".  He looked like a giant to me.  Even Z-Bull (hubby) who is 6' had to look up to him.  We need some of those corn fed mid-westerners & Hawaiians.

We also had the pleasure of sitting in the airport with the Def. Linebaker's parents leaving for their flight.  They said the same thing, it took them awhile to win a bowl game and they raved about Grothe.  Wonderful people.

So it looks as though we have our homework cut out for us.  But win or lose we are still loyal to the green and gold!!!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I am not sure about this, but I want to start a thread and I am not sure how to go about it.

Do you just pick out the best player you have, then ignore that there were 10 other guys on the field, and proceed to say that the best player on that unit was "exposed", "didn't show up", "isn't an every down player", etc.? I don't want to screw it up.

Seriously, we were playing with 2 LBs. If Selvie made a move to the inside, they ran outside, if he went outside, they ran inside. Selvie wasn't the problem. I like Clebert, but he isn't doing anything in the middle. If the interior D-Line were plugging the holes, the RB has to run outside. I love to see a RB try to turn the corner on Selvie, he is **** good at shutting down the outside run if he isn't trying to get inside because there is no help there. The DE's job isn't to stop the run right up the gut.

That is about right.  Even though there are 3 major seniors on this D everyone sees it as Selvie's Defense.  Kinda like Jordan and the Bulls.  George will be a great DE at about 265 and he is a pretty decent run stuffer. 

Too bad Roper had all day to throw.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Don't get me wrong, everyone was at fault on D.  But when your All American player only has one tackle, it sticks out.  Moffitt was equally as quiet in this game, as were others, but those two seem to get the most accolades when we win, so they get the negative press when we lose.

Archived