• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spires Leaves USF Football Team

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

the thing I like is that Leavitt is clearly making an effort to allow him to do what he needs to do.

Whatever the reason for him finding himself in this situation, I doubt you will see CJL or the staff stand in his way or prevent a release.

On the flipside-- I would have also made the trip. But it might be something pretty drastic in his life. I think the best thing to do is respect his privacy and hope for the best. If he comes back-- great-- I like his playing style and effort. Whatever he decides-- he is still a Bull in my eyes.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Wish him the best and he would have been a big help.

I still feel about our depth with Wilson and possibly the LB from MNW Bulls coming in for 2008.

Still excited about Joseph also.

FINISH STRONG !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

punk

get out.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Just looking at the Depth Chart for 2008, it definitely hurts the experience factor.  Also I was under the impression Chris Robinson would be moved to DE next year.  If DS is out I don't see CRob moving.  Here is what the depth looks like:

McKenzie, Kion Wilson (if he commits), Mompremier

Robinson, Peguese, Peoples

Joseph, McQueen

And best I can tell for 2009:

Joseph, Kion Wilson, Peoples

Robinson, Peguese, McQueen

• Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

Just looking at the Depth Chart for 2008, it definitely hurts the experience factor.  Also I was under the impression Chris Robinson would be moved to DE next year.  If DS is out I don't see CRob moving.  Here is what the depth looks like:

McKenzie, Kion Wilson (if he commits), Mompremier

Robinson, Peguese, Peoples

Joseph, McQueen

And best I can tell for 2009:

Joseph, Kion Wilson, Peoples

Robinson, Peguese, McQueen

Kion Wilson has already signed his letter of intent, so he will be here.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

According the Brett's blog Donte Spires is no longer with the USF football team.  He is considering transfering.  Perhaps staying in school at USF but not playing football?  I thought Greg reported everyone made the plane, but apparently Donte didn't travel.  Sorry if this is old news, first I have heard of it. 

why

what happened

• Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

According the Brett's blog Donte Spires is no longer with the USF football team.  He is considering transfering.  Perhaps staying in school at USF but not playing football?  I thought Greg reported everyone made the plane, but apparently Donte didn't travel.  Sorry if this is old news, first I have heard of it. 

why

what happened

if we knew it would have been said why already, i know your not that dumb smazza

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Evidently it had nothing to do with academics, or Leavitt wouldn't keep the door open for him to return.

He's the third LB we expected to have next year who evidently will not be here.

Highly touted LB LeBrandon Glover transferred out to be closer to his sick grandmother. I don't know how she is doing, but Leavitt left the door open for him too.

Then there is still the mystery surrounding heralded MLB Calvin Sutton. He failed to qualify, but planned on staying with his dad in Tampa in order to raise his SAT score with the intention of enrolling in January. I guess we will know about his status in a few more days.

Archived