• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GOL Retiring?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Was in the pool but friends watching UCF game said the announcers talked with GOL and he said he plans to stay 1 maybe 2 more years and that is it.  They made it sound like he wasn't really even decided on coaching next year.  I think the general discussion was about Joe Paterno still coaching at 80 something and that GOL would coach no more than 2 more years. 

Is that news?  Any UCF fans ever heard him talk about retiring soon?  Is he so locked up into that contract at UCF that he has to retire before he can go coach at a BCS school?

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

he is in a dead job

he will keep cashing  an easy paycheck until they fire him

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

Was in the pool but friends watching UCF game said the announcers talked with GOL and he said he plans to stay 1 maybe 2 more years and that is it.  They made it sound like he wasn't really even decided on coaching next year.

I find that very hard to believe ..... I recorded all the games today so if a Kanigit doesn't chime in to verify or not I'll see if I can find it.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Handful of knights apparently caught the conversation  http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=109057420&mid=109057420&sid=908&style=2

• Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

He's under contract through 2015. So he can pretty much set his own timetable.

• Content Count:  2,461

Yeah thats what was said - I remember thinking, ****, this program is going down the crapper... Wait... will sink even lower into the crapper with "24K" and O'Liar out.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

All you can eat buffets everywhere are hoping he doesn't. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

Handful of knights apparently caught the conversation  http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=109057420&mid=109057420&sid=908&style=2

According to that thread, it looks like only one poster said he actually heard it and another commented that he thought the announcer was talking about Paterno .... I doubt it's true or there would be a lot more uproar.

• Content Count:  2,461

Someone needs to check on the DVR when they have the time.... I thought I remembered hearing it... and I did a double-take, like, did I just hear that?

Edit: I just realized, even though it is a UCiF loss and therefore fun times, it was the most boring bowl game in the history of man... I don't expect anyone to have it on DVR let alone waste precious moments of their lives watching it.

• Content Count:  677

Was in the pool but friends watching UCF game said the announcers talked with GOL and he said he plans to stay 1 maybe 2 more years and that is it.  They made it sound like he wasn't really even decided on coaching next year.  I think the general discussion was about Joe Paterno still coaching at 80 something and that GOL would coach no more than 2 more years. 

Is that news?  Any UCF fans ever heard him talk about retiring soon?  Is he so locked up into that contract at UCF that he has to retire before he can go coach at a BCS school?

He talked about it a couple of weeks ago.. he said he didnt want to coach into he 70s. he set up the deal with UCF like it was.. with plans of coaching 5 or at most 10 years which would make him 64 to 69... My guess is he stays 3 or 4 more years then goes golfing..

Archived