• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rod Smith and greg Frey Jobless?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

former Bull Alex Herron who was i believe a Grad Assistant at WVU was offered the same thing by Rich Rod at Michigan and took it, i heard from somebody who knows him personally

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738

He may not have another job left in em...

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  3,574

Rich Rod can't get rid of any coordinators or assistants till after next years season. Lloyd Carr made the University give them 1 year contract extensions after he left to guarantee a job for them. That is extremely respectable in my opinion.

Really?  Not bad if true.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

Rich Rod can't get rid of any coordinators or assistants till after next years season. Lloyd Carr made the University give them 1 year contract extensions after he left to guarantee a job for them. That is extremely respectable in my opinion.

Really?  Not bad if true.

I heard the same thing.

• Content Count:  403

Voodoo

(ok, this thread just wouldn't be the same without that word in it).

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

voodoo 5, actually...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I didn't read the article, but all that usually means is that they get to draw their salary for another year, but it doesn't guarantee a position with the new head coach. I think Rodriguez can keep any or all of them, and the ones he doesn't want to coach for him will still get paid.

• Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I don't think so ::)  RRod will bring in those that he wants (Magee, Gibson, Casteel, S&C coach, maybe one more), will use some of the UM coaches (three probably - but no more) to help bridge the gap for continuity.  The remainders at WVU and UM get paid for the year and are gone if they don't get picked up somewhere else or in the case of WVU assistants, become that continuity conduit for that new head coach.  I kind of hope that Smith and Frey are cut loose in WVU, would serve them right for their lack of loyalty.  I would hope the same for Magee, but he seems to be a pretty good RRod butt kisser.

Archived