• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East status (post R-Rod)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,091
  • Days Won:  39

I know everyone is happy about R-Rod leaving WVU, but what does that show for the Big East?  Our refs are borderline NBA-style, coaches are using the league as a spring board.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Michigan is one of the Top 5 coaching gigs in the country (USC, ND, OSU, Alabama). Rod leaving WVU for Mich means nothing.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I assume WVU will hire a coach that will keep them relevant in the national discussion.  The delusional fans and boosters up there will simply demand such a splashy hire.  Whoever they hire, they receive a $4M buyout from Rodriguez and Michigan that they can use to offset the expense of poaching an established coach from another school or hiring a quasi-celebrity like Terry Bowden.

I am optimistic that Pitt steps up and gets competitive and starts living up to their last few recruiting classes.  The BE could definitely benefit from their improved play.

I pray that Syracuse gets off the mat.  They freaking suck and that's just not right for the alma mater of of Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Marvin Harrison to play such crappy football.  However, I think the university blew this when they kept Robinson around this year.

• Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

I think that with Rodriguez leaving, USF and Cinci will become the next Big East powerhouses.

I think that with Rodriguez leaving, USF and Cinci will become the next Big East powerhouses.

Are we allowed to be though?  It seems like the voters are always holding us back whereas WVU had some sort of cred. 

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I think WVU will falter for one (or two) seasons, but quickly get back up.

Next year will definitely be USF's year.  Although it was this year, until we choked.  And choked.  And choked a third time.

But hey, next year is THE YEAR!

I assume WVU will hire a coach that will keep them relevant in the national discussion.  The delusional fans and boosters up there will simply demand such a splashy hire.  Whoever they hire, they receive a $4M buyout from Rodriguez and Michigan that they can use to offset the expense of poaching an established coach from another school or hiring a quasi-celebrity like Terry Bowden.

I am optimistic that Pitt steps up and gets competitive and starts living up to their last few recruiting classes.  The BE could definitely benefit from their improved play.

I pray that Syracuse gets off the mat.  They freaking suck and that's just not right for the alma mater of of Jim Brown, Ernie Davis and Marvin Harrison to play such crappy football.  However, I think the university blew this when they kept Robinson around this year.

PITT has a great RB to look forward to and so do we...  Syracuse though, I don't know what their identity is.  Right now it is lose?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

I know he isn't quite in the same league as Brown and Davis, but Donovan McNabb turned out to be a pretty good player as well.

• Content Count:  2,523
  • Days Won:  0

I know he isn't quite in the same league as Brown and Davis, but Donovan McNabb turned out to be a pretty good player as well.

Wasn't Dwight Freeney also from Cuse?

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Wasn't Dwight Freeney also from Cuse?

You are both correct gentlemen.  I chose Harrison over these two because I deem Harrison to be the most likely to be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame (at this point in time).

Archived