• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those that know how to search my previous posts....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  500
  • Days Won:  0

And where in my post did I say USF where the big boys? All I said was no matter what way you cut it, ucf is inferrior to USF. Now go back to the rivals board and get hyped about the heisman trophy, and 13-0 season oviedo will see next year... nevermind that Tebow will be back, or that you have to play your daddies (USF) and at Miami (still 5 star talent compared to the slow white guys of CDOA)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Then how come UCF feels they are above USF in basketball despite a 9 game losing streak? Oh I know, you play inferrior competition and rack up wins, then when you step up against the big boys you cant quite cut it.

While USF won the game, I don't find them to be anything close to the big boys.

9 in a row!  UCF is like the little brother to USF (I know because I have one, no matter how good he gets or how bad I get I still beat him).  You think you can take us, then we play and it is proven otherwise.  Another beatdown is given by USF.

• Content Count:  2,239

I'm bigger, stronger and better thab my older brother.  I know...exception, not the rule.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

What about a win against Miami? Some claim a win is enough to move up in status.

Not sure where that fits in here, DP ...

I'm talking about how some justify one game as a status changer.  We have the traditional Big 3 in Florida.  While FSU and Miami are transitioning to new regimes, some may perceive that they are no longer the Big 3.  If UCF or USF beat Miami(cause I know we both play them within the next couple of years), it should not be viewed as a change in pecking order.  It takes more than 1 or 2 games to earn their place.  UF beat FSU a number of times in a row before FSU won a game and we know how that series changed hands for a while.

One game isn't a status changer unless it comes at the end of a string of big wins ... a win over UM by either of us wouldn't be a status chenger at this point in time.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I'm bigger, stronger and better thab my older brother.  I know...exception, not the rule.

met·a·phor     

–noun 1. a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance

Next week we will do some math. If you would like to try to get a head start, work on some of these numbers...31-14, 24-17, 64-12, 75-67. The number 21, and the relationship between 0 and the numbers 1-25 may also come in handy.

• Content Count:  2,239

met·a·phor     

–noun 1. a figure of speech in which a term or phrase is applied to something to which it is not literally applicable in order to suggest a resemblance

Next week we will do some math. If you would like to try to get a head start, work on some of these numbers...31-14, 24-17, 64-12, 75-67. The number 21, and the relationship between 0 and the numbers 1-25 may also come in handy.

Sh!t!  Those are my lottery numbers!

Let's see...21 is the drinking age, 25 is the best age to be, 0 is how witty I think you are and 1 is me, for I am my numero uno.

• Content Count:  1,812

What about a win against Miami? Some claim a win is enough to move up in status.

Not sure where that fits in here, DP ...

I'm talking about how some justify one game as a status changer.  We have the traditional Big 3 in Florida.  While FSU and Miami are transitioning to new regimes, some may perceive that they are no longer the Big 3.  If UCF or USF beat Miami(cause I know we both play them within the next couple of years), it should not be viewed as a change in pecking order.  It takes more than 1 or 2 games to earn their place.  UF beat FSU a number of times in a row before FSU won a game and we know how that series changed hands for a while.

The answer is no; it would take 3 wins with the last one being a real butt kicking to cement a teams status. Then that status could only be reversed by the other team doing the same thing.

Now on to basketball; is USF still 3-0 against CUSA this year? Well that must be a real tough conference.

• Content Count:  1,812

Can someone please tell me if I ever mentioned Rich Rodriguez would go to Michigan?  And then maybe you could post the reaction I received from heifers everywhere.

Go KNIGHTS!

Why don't you just send out the Gnat signal to K-L; he may have it filed in his archives of all things USF.

I am sure the Mods here got rid of most of your posts to make room for more important stuff like blank space.

Archived