• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looking Ahead to Next Season.........

JoeB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

The Gator Bowl might be taking the Irish after the 2008 season.  Bare with me here, but looking at ND's schedule it is very possible.  Its not murderer's row, like ND's schedule has been in the past few years.  Here are the games:

San Diego State (4-8)-  Win, SDSU 106th in Defense

Michigan (8-4)-  Loss, although UM loses a few key players

@Michigan State (7-5)-  TossUp, Road team has won the last 7 meetings

Purdue (7-5)-  TossUp, PU loses most of their skilled players and ND has won 15/16 home games vs Boilers

Stanford (4-8)-  Win, too much ND talent

@UNC (4-8)-  Win, close game

@Washington (4-9)-  Win, ND won't lose to Willingham after a bye week

Pitt (5-7)-  Win, will be a close game though

@BC (10-3)-  TossUp, but BC loses 17 fifth year Seniors including QB Matt Ryan

@Navy (8-4)-  Win, no Paul Johnson so another Navy losing streak starts

Syracuse (2-10)-  Win, SU stinks   

@USC (10-2)-  Loss

That is 7 wins that I count with 3 other toss ups.  If they win one or two of those toss ups with these other wins, I see the Gator Bowl jumping all over the Irish next season.  The Irish might not be a great team, but they won't have to be with the teams they are playing

Which means, USF better win the league next year or Toronto, Birmingham, or Charlotte might come a calling for the Bowl Season.  Will it suck, yes.  But how could the Gator Bowl pass up ND at 9-3 or 8-4?  I think this was one of the reasons why they passed on the Big East this season, for a chance at ND and what comes with them.

Just remember, you heard it here first................... ;D   

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I hate ND.

GET OUT OF OUR TIE-INS!!!

• Content Count:  21,346
  • Days Won:  10

Notre Dame gets all the cream and no negatives.  People need to stop kissing the booty of ND.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The Gator Bowl might be taking the Irish after the 2008 season.  Bare with me here, but looking at ND's schedule it is very possible.  Its not murderer's row, like ND's schedule has been in the past few years.  Here are the games:

Purdue (7-5)-  TossUp, PU loses most of their skilled players and ND has won 15/16 home games vs Boilers

@USC (10-2)-  Loss

That is 7 wins that I count with 3 other toss ups.  If they win one or two of those toss ups with these other wins, I see the Gator Bowl jumping all over the Irish next season.  The Irish might not be a great team, but they won't have to be with the teams they are playing

Which means, USF better win the league next year or Toronto, Birmingham, or Charlotte might come a calling for the Bowl Season.  Will it suck, yes.  But how could the Gator Bowl pass up ND at 9-3 or 8-4?  I think this was one of the reasons why they passed on the Big East this season, for a chance at ND and what comes with them.

nd will suck next year

why wont usf win big east?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Growing up I loved ND.  In college the love turned to ambivalence.  Now that I am an adult, I can't stand them!

PS I still love Georgetown, even though I never went there.  Ewing, Zo, AI, Mutombo, even Green.  I apologize to Bullspen bloggers :-[

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

ND is garbage

they will have a 6 win season and won't be able to be selected above other teams.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

ND is garbage

they will have a 6 win season and won't be able to be selected above other teams.

I think you under estimate how much talent Weis is bringing in.  Plus 6 of the teams on their schedule had losing years last year, and the others lose a ton of players.  If they get their OL problems straightened out, they will be an 8 win team, minimal.  Next year remember these names...........Armando Allen, Duval Kumara, Michael Floyd, and Gary Gray.  They will be household names.

Sorry to bring it up, but I still follow the Irish a bit (family thing).

• Content Count:  500

I could see them going anywhere from 10-2 (which would get them into the bcs) to 4-8.

@USC (10-2)-  Loss

JoeB... I know you're an Irish fan ... but these are some really GREEN glasses here...

Notre Dame wins:

SURE WINS -- San Diego State, Stanford, Syracuse

LIKELY WINS -- Pitt (if this were a road game, I'd give it to Pitt), Purdue (losing 1/3rd of their whole team!)

Notre Dame Losses:

SURE LOSSES -- USC, Michigan

LIKELY LOSSES -- Navy (new coach was promoted from within), Michigan State (too early in season for talent to win), BC (sure, the Eagles lose a few players, but it's still a road game),

Toss-ups:

North Carolina (ND would probably win in South Bend), Washington (It's only a toss up because its a road game)

So I see the Irish as probably finishing 7-5 or 8-4... However, the Big 12 won't get two BCS teams next year, and I am thinking Texas will be available...

I expect to see the Texas-Oklahoma loser playing in Jacksonville next year... if the Irish finish 8-4 then there is the chance they could be the same or slightly better in 2009.

• Content Count:  5,691

Hate nd

Never really liked them

Now I work with several nd alums and REALLY hate them

Archived