• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: It's time for Tranghese to fix the Big East's officiating problems

TheBullies

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I love how they not only reversed the "illegal forward propulsion", but they added a flag to it.

A flag on a replay?  What's next, rabies shots for the Easter Bunny?

A friend explained to me how this is possible. It is like when a QB throws the ball and he is over the line of scrimmage. If the officials are unsure where he released the ball they can send it up to the booth to determine if a penalty should be declared.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

A friend explained to me how this is possible. It is like when a QB throws the ball and he is over the line of scrimmage. If the officials are unsure where he released the ball they can send it up to the booth to determine if a penalty should be declared.

the difference between illegal forward pass calls is that it is a LINE call. 

there is a clearly marked line of scrimmage (chains) that, in most cases, can be determined with replay.

there is no line on a scrum for a loose ball.  the flag was called completely on ASSUMPTION as to T-Mac's intent. 

if he wasnt tackled, it would be a no brainer...  but because he was tackled and the ball came out as a result, there is no way there is "indisputable video evidence" to overturn the call on the field, and there is no line of scrimmage to definitively determine the "legality" of a forward pass.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

the difference between illegal forward pass calls is that it is a LINE call. 

there is a clearly marked line of scrimmage (chains) that, in most cases, can be determined with replay.

there is no line on a scrum for a loose ball.  the flag was called completely on ASSUMPTION as to T-Mac's intent. 

if he wasnt tackled, it would be a no brainer...  but because he was tackled and the ball came out as a result, there is no way there is "indisputable video evidence" to overturn the call on the field, and there is no line of scrimmage to definitively determine the "legality" of a forward pass.

that is the best explanation/retort I have ever read.

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, this commissioner sucks if he is just saying this.

No, he sucks because he sees it, is now saying it but  has done NOTHING about it.  I want to hear what he is doing, not that he feels bad that he cannot change blown calls where even the play by play guy's mother is calling in that she sees the crap call.

I mean, really, yeah, they wanted Marquee, and maybe I am biased (yeah, maybe ha) but if they don't screw us in Futgers, we go into Uconn with a different attitude, quite possibly win there, and then that probably snowballs into a W against Cincy, and they have their marquee at the end of the season.  One that generates a whole hell of a lot more press than if WVU or Futgers was there.

Everyone wants to see a cinderella team make it, we love the underdog, and you tell me USF would not have been the biggest cinderella story in FOOTBALL history if we finished #2 this year, well, actually #1 if we ran the table, without a doubt.

Thanks for the support Tranghese, Love you guys too.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Wow, this commissioner sucks if he is just saying this.

No, he sucks because he sees it, is now saying it but  has done NOTHING about it.  I want to hear what he is doing, not that he feels bad that he cannot change blown calls where even the play by play guy's mother is calling in that she sees the crap call.

I mean, really, yeah, they wanted Marquee, and maybe I am biased (yeah, maybe ha) but if they don't screw us in Futgers, we go into Uconn with a different attitude, quite possibly win there, and then that probably snowballs into a W against Cincy, and they have their marquee at the end of the season.  One that generates a whole hell of a lot more press than if WVU or Futgers was there.

Everyone wants to see a cinderella team make it, we love the underdog, and you tell me USF would not have been the biggest cinderella story in FOOTBALL history if we finished #2 this year, well, actually #1 if we ran the table, without a doubt.

Thanks for the support Tranghese, Love you guys too.

The Rutgers game ruins what would have been a remarkable season:(  Still a good one though.

Archived