• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone else hope Schiano leaves

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Paying 1.7 million can get you alot of talented coahces.

No big deal.

he didn't out coach JL, he just payed the refs off.

I don't think it was him.  I think it was the BE league boss, Traganutsackee that paid them off for that game. 

I am trying to figure out if the Big East refs are just complete morons or if there is a real conspiracy or something.  That PITT at WVU game was very interesting to me.

I do really think that it was a conspiracy.  Hell, what college league has TV commercials advertising their "league star heisman candidate" players?  The Big East, that's who. 

West Virginia would have definitely lost to Louisville and quite possibly Cincinnatti too if not for some very questionable calls.  Setting us up to loose at RU was just in time to put WVa back in the league race, knock us down and get RU back in the rankings for the WVa / RU game.  Hell, even our game against FAU had more than it's share of very questionable calls in OUR favor.     

Traganutsackee is scared that the league will turn into back it's old (BigEasy) self.  A bunch of half-good to crappy northern teams that get dominated by the one good league beast from Florida.  They would do anything to postpone or stop that from happening again.  Throw in the motivation to get their leage "Golden Child" WVa into the title game (for instant credibility) and it's not hard to see what's going on here.   

The Big East is still only 2-3 years removed from being media whipping boy, with reporters calling for us to loose the automatic BCS affiliation.  The only thing that really stopped that trend was the lack of a better league in the mid-major world of MAC's, WAC's and Mountain West's...  I think this year's bad officiating is obvious to anyone that has followed this conference.  Everyone else saw that crime at Pitt last week.  Because of the actions of our league, the media outlets have or will loose patience with us.  They are going to start attacking this conference for any reason they can. 

This bowl season will be the start.  The BE cannot (but everyone thinks they should) win all of their bowl games.  My prediction is that without BE refs to run interference, Oklahoma will dominate WVa by at least 3 TD's.   WVa is not that good, they are a three to four loss team at best without the Big Cheat.  Then we'll have the whole off-season to hear how weak the BE is again.   

I don't know if the conspiracy thing is league wide.  If that was true, why didn't the refs bring back the fake fair catch in the 'ville v UConn game.  You would think w/ Brohm that the BE higher ups would put the fix in for his team.  It does seem like USF gets more than its share of calls going against them. 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

And it does appear that he turned the job down.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  92
  • Days Won:  0

I'll put it very simply: Ray Rice should enjoy his first NFL training camp this fall!

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

he just payed the refs off.

No, but he was whining like a bratty school girl after every play. :)

• Content Count:  1,757

Paying 1.7 million can get you alot of talented coahces.

No big deal.

he didn't out coach JL, he just payed the refs off.

I don't think it was him.  I think it was the BE league boss, Traganutsackee that paid them off for that game. 

I am trying to figure out if the Big East refs are just complete morons or if there is a real conspiracy or something.  That PITT at WVU game was very interesting to me.

I do really think that it was a conspiracy.  Hell, what college league has TV commercials advertising their "league star heisman candidate" players?  The Big East, that's who. 

West Virginia would have definitely lost to Louisville and quite possibly Cincinnatti too if not for some very questionable calls.  Setting us up to loose at RU was just in time to put WVa back in the league race, knock us down and get RU back in the rankings for the WVa / RU game.  Hell, even our game against FAU had more than it's share of very questionable calls in OUR favor.     

Traganutsackee is scared that the league will turn into back it's old (BigEasy) self.  A bunch of half-good to crappy northern teams that get dominated by the one good league beast from Florida.  They would do anything to postpone or stop that from happening again.  Throw in the motivation to get their leage "Golden Child" WVa into the title game (for instant credibility) and it's not hard to see what's going on here.   

The Big East is still only 2-3 years removed from being media whipping boy, with reporters calling for us to loose the automatic BCS affiliation.  The only thing that really stopped that trend was the lack of a better league in the mid-major world of MAC's, WAC's and Mountain West's...  I think this year's bad officiating is obvious to anyone that has followed this conference.  Everyone else saw that crime at Pitt last week.  Because of the actions of our league, the media outlets have or will loose patience with us.  They are going to start attacking this conference for any reason they can. 

This bowl season will be the start.  The BE cannot (but everyone thinks they should) win all of their bowl games.  My prediction is that without BE refs to run interference, Oklahoma will dominate WVa by at least 3 TD's.   WVa is not that good, they are a three to four loss team at best without the Big Cheat.  Then we'll have the whole off-season to hear how weak the BE is again.   

I don't know if the conspiracy thing is league wide.  If that was true, why didn't the refs bring back the fake fair catch in the 'ville v UConn game.  You would think w/ Brohm that the BE higher ups would put the fix in for his team.  It does seem like USF gets more than its share of calls going against them. 

By the time of the UConn game, Louisville already had 3 losses: Kentucky (acceptable), Utah (let-down) and Syracuse (embarrasing) and it was pretty obvious that their defense couldn't stop a Jr. high school (they gave up 42 to Middle Tennessee).  UConn on the other hand had a somewhat respectable one point loss at Virginia. 

The Big East didn't mind if UConn to won... it got them back close to the bottom of the top 25.  All of the Big East "premier" games had been tarnished or ruined by this point in the season anyway. 

• Content Count:  260

welcome to the big east boys.

i find the conspiracy theories extremely humorous and funny.  for there to be a consipracy, it would infer that the big east officials are intelligent enough to organize and pull something like that off.  you give them far too much credit.

we have had sucky officials since the inception of the conference.  they sucked then, they suck now.  they've always been aweful.  again, welcome.  and get used to having bad officials, it aint gonna change.

• Content Count:  2,661

for there to be a consipracy, it would infer that the big east officials are intelligent enough to organize and pull something like that off.  you give them far too much credit.

"Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to stupidity."

Archived