• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No National Championship This Year!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

Just read that due to a failing BCS system that they are going to keep the bowls the way they are but there will be no champion crowned this year.

They say there are too many issues with system:

1.  Terrible Bias by Human Voters

2.  Inconceivable to actually decide who is the best 2 teams

3.  Any of the top 10 could beat any of the top 10

4.  Idiocy of penalizing Missouri for beating Kansas then losing when KU didn't qualify to play so KU goes to BCS bowl.

5.  The fact that this year UF could be .500 and still ranked ahead of USF and go to New Years Day Bowl

6.  With 12 games nobody is going to run the table to make this system work

7.  Hawaii Rainbow coalition

8.  No QB in National Championship with first name Colt

9.  Ohio State's best opponent is Washington

10. UCF is stating that they should be there because they can almost win against anybody and probably lead at halftime

11. Pat White was hurt when the voting took place, although if he does go down AGAIN in a big game, WVU fans assure us it is a fluke

12. Slaton?  Slaton?  Slaton? (ala ferris bueller) - he must be home sick again.

13. Big East Refs - not that they are involved just purely on PRINCIPLE

Enough you get the point feel free to add on....  (as you can see it started off as serious but then reality took over) 

• Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

Every time I watch WVU, Slaton doesn't really do anything.  Seriously.  I guess I am bad luck for them.  Oh and I think they did the best with what they had for the NC game.  I wouldn't have said UGA was #4 one week and then jump them with LSU the next though.

• Content Count:  5,241

great post and I completely agree!

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Link please?

slap.jpg

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Every time I watch WVU, Slaton doesn't really do anything.  Seriously.  I guess I am bad luck for them.  Oh and I think they did the best with what they had for the NC game.  I wouldn't have said UGA was #4 one week and then jump them with LSU the next though.

no luck

i suspect when you watched them it was an improtant game or they played someone good

slaton,white and their entire offense  is terrible and can easily be stopped

ou will embarass them

when does uconn get their big east championship rings??????

• Content Count:  743

4.  Idiocy of penalizing Missouri for beating Kansas then losing when KU didn't qualify to play so KU goes to BCS bowl.

and 14. The hypocrisy of Georgia having the opposite happen to them. Did not qualify to play, got jumped by #7 in their same conference. Doesn't get their shot.

15. The two hottest teams right now USC and GA not playing in the NC game.

• Content Count:  1,334

and 14. The hypocrisy of Georgia having the opposite happen to them. Did not qualify to play, got jumped by #7 in their same conference. Doesn't get their shot.

15. The two hottest teams right now USC and GA not playing in the NC game.

*slap*  Hottest teams have never, ever been the criteria for NC.  Would you go putting in, hypothetically, a 3 loss Georgia who lost 3 out of conference games to a 1-aa and 2 sun belt teams, but then ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED EVERYONE IN THEIR CONFERENCE?  No, you wouldn't.  Every game matters.  UGA got close with a decent SoS and 2 losses, but ultimately LSU's SoS is higher.  Va Tech had a really high SoS too, actually, and yet nobody wants them in the title because they lost to LSU heads up.  That's an interesting theory, and it all comes down to your idea of what makes a team more deserving of a NC berth.

Being "hot", however, is not, should not, and never will be a consideration.  Those 8-8 dolphins under little nicky sabin were pretty hot to close out that season, and didn't even make the playoffs.  You can't play a piece of a season well and expect because that piece happened to be towards the end to win out over teams that had more complete seasons...

Archived