• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whose Conference Championship is Bigger?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Are FAU or FIU on the schedule for UCF in the future?

There was rumor about FIU, but that never materialized.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,496
  • Days Won:  13

I love when the Bulls can't stop talking about the Knights.

We crushed U-La-La and FAU barely beat them.

We would crush FAU.

and FAU almost beat us, and we beat you by 300 points. What is your point?

• Content Count:  711

UCF or FAU?  I think they're even stephen.  Gotta give 'em both credit though.  USF doesn't have a con. champship yet in FB.  The two schools should really look to ea. other for a rivalry.  And should CUSA send thier No. 1 to New Orleans vs the SBC No. 1.  instead to the LIberty in late Dec vs the No. 6 SEC or whatever it is?

Well...the only way that FAU gets into a bowl is by winning their conference.  The Sun Belt only has one tie-in I believe...so that's the only way they even get a chance...but congrats to them.  USF seems to have more ties with FIU and FAU anyway...go ask them for a rivalry.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

USF seems to have more ties with FIU and FAU anyway...go ask them for a rivalry.

I don't know. UCF and FAU seem to have a lot more in common. Both champions of a lower tier conference .... never won a bowl game ... over the hill coaches trying to resurrect their careers .... almost identical OCS's, with FAU's a few years off .... Seems like a match made in heaven.

• Content Count:  416

We would crush FAU.

We're not talking about who the better team is, rather whose win was bigger. Like I said, I feel that UCF's fan base is much more electrified about their conf. win than FAUs but given how young FAU's team is their conf. championship is bigger.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We would crush FAU.

Yet FAU played us close for a good duration of our game with them and we Blasted UCF from the word go.  The so and so played this team in such a manner and we played their opponent better so were better argument is the dumbest thing in college football.  Football is a game of match ups and this leads to MAJOR inconsistencies with this way of thinking.     

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

UCF or FAU?  I think they're even stephen.  Gotta give 'em both credit though.  USF doesn't have a con. champship yet in FB.  The two schools should really look to ea. other for a rivalry.  And should CUSA send thier No. 1 to New Orleans vs the SBC No. 1.  instead to the LIberty in late Dec vs the No. 6 SEC or whatever it is?

Well...the only way that FAU gets into a bowl is by winning their conference.  The Sun Belt only has one tie-in I believe...so that's the only way they even get a chance...but congrats to them.  USF seems to have more ties with FIU and FAU anyway...go ask them for a rivalry.

We play FAU and FIU as 2-1 deals.  Not exactly the stuff rivalries are made of.  I assume that since that scare FAU gave you a few years ago you have no real interest in playing them.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

FAU...  better team, better conference, bigger win.  Troy is a legitimate team.  they would be a middle of the pack team in any BCS conference.  for FAU to beat them in a conference championship is impressive.

C-DOA has no team comparable to Troy.  they are all just garbage, bottom feeders like the MAC (ironically, the basement conference Florida Central was a member of until USF's move to the big leagues gave the Knats the best gift of their football history...  u Knats can thank us for leaving u our scraps)

FAU has done in only a few years what it took the Florida Central Knats 30 years to do.

the Owls and the Knats are equal talent-wise.  Rusty would pass for 500 yards on the Knats D, and KSmith would rack up about 300 yards on the ground on the Owls.  they would each win at home.

USF seems to have more ties with FIU and FAU anyway...go ask them for a rivalry.

USF doesnt care about a rivalry.  we arent looking for one.  we are not the team huffing and puffing our way up and down I-4 and getting state Senators involved in forcing a rivalry game with teams that dont give a rat's ass about us and throttle us every time they face us on the field (and the court)... that would be u guys' M.O.  so save your weak little comments.  they don't work here.

• Content Count:  1,238

USF doesnt care about a rivalry.  we arent looking for one.  we are not the team huffing and puffing our way up and down I-4 and getting state Senators involved in forcing a rivalry game with teams that dont give a rat's ass about us and throttle us every time they face us on the field (and the court)... that would be u guys' M.O.  so save your weak little comments.  they don't work here.

ththOwned.gif

• Content Count:  2,239

Congrats.  You just identified how the Florida/Florida State rivalry started.  State government officials forced an unwilling Florida team to play Florida State every year.  Seems to have worked out in the end.

Save your weak excuses.  They don't work here.

Archived