• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Karnell Hatcher visiting today..

usfgreg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  133
  • Days Won:  0

He gave LSU a soft verbal. But he is visiting USF today. Lets hope he likes what he sees. A 4 star safety out of Miami is always a good pick up :)

• Content Count:  4,642

yea this kid is sick.

i think i would take spence over him though if we had to pick just one.  hopefully we can pick two :D

i hope the hype for the sunbowl will help these recruits.  can anyone on campus comment on the atmosphere for the bowl game?

• Content Count:  563

With LSU losing their HC and DC things  are looking  better  for us.

One negative is that he has visits set to AUB and USC(e) after ours.I'm not to worried about USC though.

• Content Count:  2,478

We could probably lure him in with playing possibilites his first year as we lose Jenkins and Williams.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

With LSU losing their HC and DC things  are looking  better  for us.

One negative is that he has visits set to AUB and USC(e) after ours.I'm not to worried about USC though.

He might not be making those visits after all.

His teammate and good friend, CB John Lejiste, who visited USF with him gave a verbal to USF today, so maybe that has helped our case in landing him.

Free story:

Where Does Hatcher Stand? 

Karnell Hatcher  By Daniel Mingea III

Recruiting Contributor

Posted Dec 5, 2007 

The recruiting scene brings in so much excitement that it is often difficult to keep certain secrets from getting out. Karnell Hatcher (6'2, 190, 4.6) had first hand experience in dealing with that.

Karnell Hatcher

"When I gave my commitment to LSU, it was understood that it was just a soft verbal and I didn't want it getting out," Hatcher expressed. "After it happened I told the coaches it upset me a little, but I guess that's how things turn out sometimes. I’m over it now, though."

The 4-star recruit has kept in touch with LSU since then along with a handful of other schools.

"I spoke to coach [D.J.] McCarthy the other night," Hatcher stated. "We still talk about the same things.â€ÂCoaches from South Carolina, Michigan, Clemson and South Florida have all come to my house for visits as well.

"It is pretty much the same routine as before," said Hatcher. "They really speak with my mom and my brother to tell you the truth. I do not know when my next in home visit will be and it is still up in the air if I am going to make my scheduled visits to South Carolina and Auburn. That is something I am going to talk to my mom about and really think about." The one factor that could have taken a sudden turn with Hatcher is the upcoming departure of defensive coordinator Bo Pelini and if Miles would have bolted for Big 10 country.

"I didn't expect him (Pelini) to be leaving," said Hatcher. "I was surprised to hear that. He was the coach that I was probably closest with out of all of them. I am happy to hear coach Miles is staying though because if he would've left as well then that would have really changed things for me."

http://louisianastate.scout.com/2/708492.html

• Content Count:  574

Big story on him on USFnation.com tonight.  Without giving away all the premium content.....He now has 2 favorites...#1 is LSU and # 2 is USF. 

Hopefully Lejiste can push him over the edge.

Either way, when we start getting into the final 2 with national programs like LSU you know we have arrived.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hopefully Lejiste can push him over the edge.

This is a huge advantage for us IMO as Lejiste can keep recruiting Hatcher during the dead period thats coming up when coaches aren't allowed to contact recruits. 

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It doesn't matter how close you get to landing a recruit if you don't land him, but I certainly hope we do!

• Content Count:  2,523

It doesn't matter how close you get to landing a recruit if you don't land him, but I certainly hope we do!

Ask Alabama about that losing out on Tebow.  Had Shula gotten him, he'd still have a job...

Archived