• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Places to Go...Food to Eat.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

BigShoop,

Have you heard about a place called Aviles?  May be part of a country club??? Thought I saw something on the Sun Bowl site or on a post somewhere.

What about the Mesa Grill?  Supposed to have a great wine selection?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Hello All

Think I will head over here on Saturday or Sunday.

El Paso - Ysleta Gun Club, 18501 Indian Hills, El Paso, TX 79938.

Phone: 915-855-0737

Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (40, 50, 75 & 100 meters), Outdoor Rifle (40 thru 500 meters), Rifle Silhouette, Pistol Silhouette

Range Access: Public

500 meters, sweet.

Cheers

swatpamike

No sports clays?

I love shooting, but its expensive enough without renting a gun and buying ammo at the range!

• Content Count:  29

will someone please bring me back some Shiner Bock..pllleasseeee :-\

• Content Count:  233

Hello All

Think I will head over here on Saturday or Sunday.

El Paso - Ysleta Gun Club, 18501 Indian Hills, El Paso, TX 79938.

Phone: 915-855-0737

Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (40, 50, 75 & 100 meters), Outdoor Rifle (40 thru 500 meters), Rifle Silhouette, Pistol Silhouette

Range Access: Public

500 meters, sweet.

Cheers

swatpamike

No sports clays?

I love shooting, but its expensive enough without renting a gun and buying ammo at the range!

I will bring my Mosin-Nagant 91/30 and a AK. Bring some ammo and you can use either.

Cheers

swatpamike

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I will bring my Mosin-Nagant 91/30 and a AK. Bring some ammo and you can use either.

Cheers

swatpamike

An AK, huh? how are you at teaching newbies how to shoot??? Have shot hand guns but never rifles and such. I'm always open to new experiences  8)

BigShoop,

Have you heard about a place called Aviles?  May be part of a country club??? Thought I saw something on the Sun Bowl site or on a post somewhere.

What about the Mesa Grill?  Supposed to have a great wine selection?

I don't know how much Shoop would know about any wine selection but I hear the girl who's going with him is a fan ;)

• Content Count:  5,241

Well dang, We may have to swap numbers and meet up then!

Shooting an AK is pretty easy like any rifle, dont let the name initimidate

• Content Count:  4

If you want REALLY good Mexican food, go NORTH, to NEW Mexico.  I'm a Duck fan living in Las Cruces NM, 45 miles north of El Paso, and I can tell you NewMex is much better than TexMex.  ;D  I could provide you a list of good restaurants in Las Cruces, but I don't have to because they are all good and they are on every other corner.  Chope's is One of the best, for good green chile, and it is  between El Paso and Las Cruces. http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=401

But here is a good drinking guide to Las Cruces (and Juarez).  http://astro.nmsu.edu/~jojohnso/guide.html

Looking forward to the game.  You might all think about staying in Las Cruces... it is easy to get the the Sun Bowl, and it is a lot nicer town than El Paso.  Lot's of interesting outdoor hikes in the area.

• Content Count:  127

Looking forward to the game.  You might all think about staying in Las Cruces... it is easy to get the the Sun Bowl, and it is a lot nicer town than El Paso.  Lot's of interesting outdoor hikes in the area.

ChileDuck...I'll be staying in LC.  Where's a good place to hang out over there to watch the other games?  And where's a good place to get authentic tamales?  Was thinking of grabbing several dozen to bring to the tailgate  :)

Great info...Thanks!

• Content Count:  4

Roberto's for tamales... located on Amador.  Get both the green & cheese  and the red pork ones.  All the grocery stores sell them too. Good idea for a tailgate, if you can keep 'em warm.   Get a few dozen of these frozen on your way out of town.  People back home will thank you. :P

The sports bars are pedestrian.  Try Farleys or Hooters.  The best beer in town, by far, is at High Desert Brew Pub, but they only have one TV.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Archived