• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Possible Transfer to Bulls?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

UF Sophomore WR Jarred Fayson said he wants to transfer. He was a standout at Hillsborough High. Do you think JL will make him an offer?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Wasn't he a QB?  I think that might have something to do with the transfer.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah, the kid who committed to us as a Jr., then backed out and chose UF instead of us.  No thanks, don't need any UF sloppy seconds.

Screw you Fayson (unless your mom is sick or something... then you're welcome to come home)  ;D

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/377954.html

Fayson has already made a commitment and backed off that pledge. He told South Florida that he wanted to be a Bull back as a sophomore. Then he realized that his decision was made a little premature.

“I did commit to USF last year. Recruiting was new to me at that point. Don’t get me wrong, I like South Florida. It’s a place that is very close to home, they are in the Big East, I like the coaches, the system, everything. It was just too early for me to make a decision.â€Â

Save it.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

UF Sophomore WR Jarred Fayson said he wants to transfer. He was a standout at Hillsborough High. Do you think JL will make him an offer?

I doubt it. He ORIGINALLY gave a verbal to USF, but then backed out of it when we also got verbals from Grothe and Hill. He made some nasty remark when he decommitted about Leavitt not living up to his promise to him. I'm sure CJL still remembers his exact words. LOL

• Content Count:  5,245
  • Days Won:  2

if his issue is PT at QB, then USF probably isn't the place he wants to be as Grothe obviously has the position locked for the next two years...

however, if he DID want to come home and i were CJL, i wouldn't hold grudges.  talent is talent, i wouldn't turn it down... unless of course CJL feels that he would cause issues that would disrupt the lockerroom.

besides... if he did transfer, he would probably have to wait out a year, and would be a Jr. behind Grothe in his Sr. year.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

if his issue is PT at QB, then USF probably isn't the place he wants to be as Grothe obviously has the position locked for the next two years...

however, if he DID want to come home and i were CJL, i wouldn't hold grudges.  talent is talent, i wouldn't turn it down... unless of course CJL feels that he would cause issues that would disrupt the lockerroom.

besides... if he did transfer, he would probably have to wait out a year, and would be a Jr. behind Grothe in his Sr. year.

I think at the time Denson was also going to transfer to USF and there was even talk about Brent Schaefer coming here and some other QB. Even so, Fayson was still a junior and he would have been a year behind any of those guys. If he wanted to decommit because he didn't want to compete against them that was his right. He should NOT have impugned the integrity of Leavitt. That is UNFORGIVABLE, IMO.

Having said that, he DID have a sick mother, so maybe she is worse now and he might not have to sit out a year. If  he wanted to transfer here, it would be imperative that he issue a PUBLIC apology to Leavitt before we would even consider him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

I think at the time Denson was also going to transfer to USF and there was even talk about Brent Schaefer coming here and some other QB. Even so, Fayson was still a junior and he would have been a year behind any of those guys. If he wanted to decommit because he didn't want to compete against them that was his right. He should NOT have impugned the integrity of Leavitt. That is UNFORGIVABLE, IMO.

Having said that, he DID have a sick mother, so maybe she is worse now and he might not have to sit out a year. If  he wanted to transfer here, it would be imperative that he issue a PUBLIC apology to Leavitt before we would even consider him.

I really don't think a public apology is needed since a lot don't even remember he commited here and even more never heard, or don't remember, the dissing of CJL.... If he wants to come here and Jim wants him .... welcome!

Archived