• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season MVP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

The Trib online has as its poll, "Who is this season's MVP?" it listed:

RB Mike Ford

QB Matt Grothe

LB Ben Moffitt

DE George Selvie

CB Trae Williams

All worthy of mention but what I found interesting is that the one most likely to be drafted first, Mike Jenkins, was conspicuously absent.

MVP awards will always favor those who's position generates big stats. Certainly we wouldn't be where we are today without Matt but each of those listed plus Jenkins and quite a few others played at a very high level all season long.

The Times didn't have such a poll but if they do, it will be interesting to see who they list.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  16

Without Grothe we go nowhere.George was equally as good on defense and how about McKenzie?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

Easily Grothe.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,695
  • Days Won:  108

Big Ben on D

Matt on O

Don't believe it is Selvie on D.  Disappeared against some of the better teams without double teams. 20 more lbs next year and he will be a beast.

Jenkins is probably the best player on the team.  But not a choice on the list.

• Content Count:  993

I think Moffitt was the heart of this team early in the year. I really think he has meant more to the team than Grothe. Should Walter Walker be an option?

• Content Count:  1,219

We have a lot of weapons, Grothe is the biggest by far.

• Content Count:  136

I think Moffitt is my choice...

Selvie very close... As is McKenzie... Real hard to not choose Jenkins or Williams...

Grothe will be the next two years...

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Trae had good numbers because Mike Jenkins didn't get thrown to that much.  Its hard to put Jenks on that list simply because he doesn't have the stats that Trae has. 

As far as MVP goes, how do you not give it to Grothe?  Without him we're a 6-6 team at best with Gregory.  Maybe even a 5-7 team. 

• Content Count:  849

The Trib online has as its poll, "Who is this season's MVP?" it listed:

RB Mike Ford

QB Matt Grothe

LB Ben Moffitt

DE George Selvie

CB Trae Williams

All worthy of mention but what I found interesting is that the one most likely to be drafted first, Mike Jenkins, was conspicuously absent.

MVP awards will always favor those who's position generates big stats. Certainly we wouldn't be where we are today without Matt but each of those listed plus Jenkins and quite a few others played at a very high level all season long.

The Times didn't have such a poll but if they do, it will be interesting to see who they list.

I was gonna mention Mike Jenkins. His play is vastly underrated. He changes what the offense does so much because he essentially locks down a 1/3 of the field, other players are are given opportunities to make plays because of the opposing quarterback's reluctance to throw to his side. If you notice, Trae Williams is usually the corner that gives up the big play and its never Mike.

Mike Jenkins is the best player on the team by far, thats why he will be a mid to high 1st round pick in April. Trae will probably end up being a middle to late 2nd rnd pick, maybe even a 3rd rounder. 

Archived