• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season MVP

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37,646
  • Days Won:  29

We know e.t..we know.....I just don't think we can single out right now considering we had so many peices which if didnt happen we don't have the same success.

You don't have to have an opinion. That's all an MVP is.

Offensively, don't think anyone did what Grothe did.

Defense is a NUCH  tougher choice.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I think Moffitt is my choice...

Selvie very close... As is McKenzie... Real hard to not choose Jenkins or Williams...

Grothe will be the next two years...

moffitt disappeared in 3 losses

grothe is the mvp

Grothe's mistakes were a BIG part of those 3 losses... by that logic he must be excluded.   Jenkins has my vote, hands down.

I'm not arguing with you, he made mistakes, but Grothe is the only reason we were even in those games as well. He made the pass to beat Cincy, Mitchell dropped it (not down on CM, but that's the truth). He got us in position against UConn, but GG couldn't call a play to get it in from the 2 (Ford was also hurt at that time). He threw a perfect pass to Amarri at the end of the RU game, an iffy pushoff was called right on the edge of FG range (what is FG range this year? between 47-54, and 29-33?), and I think Delbert missed 2 FGs in each of the RU and UConn games, but I could be wrong on that. We lost by 3 and 7 in those games. He makes them all, add a chip shot against UConn at the end, and we are 11-1 in spite of Grothe's mistakes.

Grothe made mistakes, but got us in position to win those games as well. The D got dominated by Rice and to an extent the UConn running game.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Moffitt by a mile

Jenkins was not very good early

Trae is always good but not MVP

Grothe had some critical errors

Selvie tailed off

Moffitt is the leader on and off the field

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

Easily Grothe.

I disagree very much so, Grothe was responsible for none of our big wins and responsible for all of our losses by not performing in crunch time. ...

Everyone has their own perception.

Grothe should have been on Special Teams TWICE against Rutgers ad should have stopped Rice from running up the middle. He also should have not let Walker get hurt and should have a better backup prepared.

I won't waste time with the other two loses that OUR TEAM lost ... and remember, OUR TEAM won 9 games. Not 1 person is responsible either way. Football is a team sport.

Grothe did take several unecessary sacks against Rutgers and threw a pick 6 against Uconn and had 5 turnovers by himself against Cincy. I guess Walter Walker is the real MVP of the offense, when he went out Grothe struggled, when he came back, our offense was right back on track. This team is bulit on defense not on offense, that's why Grothe is not the MVP. Gregory could have led this team to 7-8 wins by just being a game manager. If we would have minimized our turnovers/kicking game we would be in the National Championship.

Like you said Football is a team sport, so if he wasn't responsible for any of our losses, I guess he wasn't responsible for any of our wins either.

Archived