• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT-could an 11-1 Boise St team make it to a BCS bowl?

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i know they have their big matchup with Hawaii tonight and I am trying to figure out who I should root for.  I really don't want either team in a BCS bowl and I know Hawaii still has to play the only BCS team they play all season next week, which is mighty 4-7 washington (the only team to beat Boise St this year too)

ideally id like to see Hawaii win tonight and then lose to Washington next week.  but, id rather not take the chance of hawaii beating washington and making it to a BCS bowl.

both teams are ranked above USF so who are you rooting for and why?

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

I think with the losses today is prety much set that a WAC team wil make it in. So Ill root for Boise, I dont like Hawaii.

• Content Count:  1,013

Agreed. IMO BSU will deserve a BCS bid, their current ranking plus beating another ranked team helps their chances.  I know if we were in their shoes we'd be making the same arguement.

They have to finish in the Top 12 - or Top 16 and ahead of a BCS conference champion to get an automatic bid... I don't know if BSU can pull that off.

However, if they finish in the Top 14...  (Top 18 if the BCS has to expand because not enough eligible teams are in the Top 14)... they are eligible to be chosen as an at-large team.  They might get to the Top 14/18, but I don't know if they will get the at-large bid.

• Content Count:  2,661

I don't think it matters. The loser will sink like a stone, and the winner will be high enough to get the auto-invite. So we'll have the absurdity of a WAC team in the Sugar Bowl, unless Hawaii beats Boise and loses to Washington.

I think with the losses today is prety much set that a WAC team wil make it in. So Ill root for Boise, I dont like Hawaii.

well i would think that with the loses today it makes it harder for them to get in.  i think the only way they get in is if its the top12 automatic case.  because what happens if LSU doesnt win the SEC?  they will still get in the BCS.  and its a pretty safe bet that the big 12 is taking 2 teams to the BCS this year.  what about Va Tech?  if they win tomorrow they will be a top 6 team most likely.  so what if they dont win their conference title game?  do they still get in? 

i just think that neither hawaii or boise st has done enough to prove making it to a BCS game this year.

unless Hawaii beats Boise and loses to Washington.

yea thats pretty much the sceniro i would be hoping for.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

well i would think that with the loses today it makes it harder for them to get in.  i think the only way they get in is if its the top12 automatic case.  because what happens if LSU doesnt win the SEC?  they will still get in the BCS.  and its a pretty safe bet that the big 12 is taking 2 teams to the BCS this year.  what about Va Tech?  if they win tomorrow they will be a top 6 team most likely.  so what if they dont win their conference title game?  do they still get in? 

i just think that neither hawaii or boise st has done enough to prove making it to a BCS game this year.

Yeah their resume is pretty crappy since they only played 1 BCS conference team and it was a loss against a bad washington squad.  If they get to a BCS game it shows how much of a joke the system is IMHO. 

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

anyone notice the "confetti" on the field? what is that? Trash?

It looks like confetti. Like real confetti. I saw it flying down from the top when they did a crowd shot. So probably confetti

Archived