• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT-could an 11-1 Boise St team make it to a BCS bowl?

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

So I'm pulling for HI to win big against Boise State and then get their ass handed to them next week against Washington State.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

after a few years in the Big East-- I am starting to understand more and more the argument that BCS schools make against the second class of the FBS (division 1-A).

WAC, CUSA, Mountain West, sun Belt -- all of them are second rate in terms of team quality and overall strength.

Glad we got away from that part of the equation

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i know they have their big matchup with Hawaii tonight and I am trying to figure out who I should root for.  I really don't want either team in a BCS bowl and I know Hawaii still has to play the only BCS team they play all season next week, which is mighty 4-7 washington (the only team to beat Boise St this year too)

ideally id like to see Hawaii win tonight and then lose to Washington next week.  but, id rather not take the chance of hawaii beating washington and making it to a BCS bowl.

both teams are ranked above USF so who are you rooting for and why?

why be a hater

both team are deserving and took care of business

i know they have their big matchup with Hawaii tonight and I am trying to figure out who I should root for.  I really don't want either team in a BCS bowl and I know Hawaii still has to play the only BCS team they play all season next week, which is mighty 4-7 washington (the only team to beat Boise St this year too)

ideally id like to see Hawaii win tonight and then lose to Washington next week.  but, id rather not take the chance of hawaii beating washington and making it to a BCS bowl.

why be a hater

has anyone ever told you that you're pretty WACky?

I think with the losses today is prety much set that a WAC team wil make it in. So Ill root for Boise, I dont like Hawaii.

whAT ISNT TO LIKE?

THEIR RECEIVERS ACTUALLY CATCH THE BALL

they are atreat to watch

and their program doesnt cry about 50k recruiting budget

they have a program that kids love to come to

kids love jones

he doesnt have a dog house

a players coach not a dictator

only my personal photographer

why be a hater

has anyone ever told you that you're pretty WACky?

• Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

That's too funny.  People are saying that they don't deserve a higher ranking because of their conference but yet we complain when we get the same treatment.  I think they deserve the spotlight, especially Hawaii with its record.  Until we have a playoff system, an undefeated team should be up there.

That's too funny.  People are saying that they don't deserve a higher ranking because of their conference but yet we complain when we get the same treatment.  I think they deserve the spotlight, especially Hawaii with its record.  Until we have a playoff system, an undefeated team should be up there.

the strength of the WAC conference is so uncredibly weak--- that is why people discount Hawaii and Boise States records.

As it was pointed out during the game last night, these two teams have the 118th and 119th strength of schedule in all of college football.

USF would run the table against that competition as would most ranked BCS teams. Look at Hawaiis schedule and tell me what win other than Boise State was impressive....

Archived