• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sun back into play for USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If you can believe these sites, out big win over Louisville opened the Sun bowls eyes, and we are very much back into contention for that bowl.

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/

So on Tuesday morning, I called Folmer again to see how the meeting went. Seems the committee is still very much undecided on what they want to do, but left me with the impression that UConn isn't such a sure thing for El Paso any more. In fact, the committee criteria just might favor Cincinnati, provided the Bearcats take care of Syracuse in the season finale. Folmer also mentioned South Florida has worked its way into the conversations after stomping Louisville on Saturday. And Rutgers hasn't been completely eliminated from the discussion just yet, though it seems unlikely they'll win the 10-person committee's majority of votes.

http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/sunbowltimes/2007/11/how-bout-them-p.html#comments

The Brut Sun Bowl is still looking at South Florida on the Big East Side and on the PAC - 10 side it is as wide open as ever. Obviously everyone would like to go the National Championship Game , but with the recent Oregon loss, it now comes down to Rose Bowl, Holiday Bowl and Brut Sun Bowl, unless another PAC - 10 team gets selected for a BCS Bowl and as you can see it will be really fun and exciting come December 2 for the BCS Selection Show.

• Content Count:  307
  • Days Won:  0

As a student I would be the happiest guy in the world if we get the Sun Bowl...then Mineke bowl.  My thinking is, I know I'm renting an RV with some friends this year, and would enjoy driving halfway across the country to watch us play a Pac-10 team.  Likely wont see us play another pac-10 team for a long time, so why not take advantage of the situation! Plus its a new city, at a respectable bowl. 

Just please football gods...anything but Birmingham!

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

As a student I would be the happiest guy in the world if we get the Sun Bowl...then Mineke bowl.  My thinking is, I know I'm renting an RV with some friends this year, and would enjoy driving halfway across the country to watch us play a Pac-10 team.  Likely wont see us play another pac-10 team for a long time, so why not take advantage of the situation! Plus its a new city, at a respectable bowl. 

Just please football gods...anything but Birmingham!

agreed, and its a sure sellout with the huge support locally

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

anything but Birmingham!

or Toronto.

twice the travel to play an equally laughable MAC opponent.

• Content Count:  2,478

This is great news! Anyone else hoping for a Syracuse upset?

A win against Pitt, an expected Conn loss to WVU and and upset by Syracuse over UC would gaurantee USF either the Sun or Meineke, imho.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,342
  • Days Won:  10

A win against Pitt, an expected Conn loss to WVU and and upset by Syracuse over UC would gaurantee USF either the Sun or Meineke, imho.

That's a pretty tall order.  Wish we weren't in this position, but overall, a good, step forward season.

• Content Count:  145

that will be the one/

• Content Count:  444

If you can believe these sites, out big win over Louisville opened the Sun bowls eyes, and we are very much back into contention for that bowl.

So on Tuesday morning, I called Folmer again to see how the meeting went. Seems the committee is still very much undecided on what they want to do, but left me with the impression that UConn isn't such a sure thing for El Paso any more. In fact, the committee criteria just might favor Cincinnati, provided the Bearcats take care of Syracuse in the season finale. Folmer also mentioned South Florida has worked its way into the conversations after stomping Louisville on Saturday. And Rutgers hasn't been completely eliminated from the discussion just yet, though it seems unlikely they'll win the 10-person committee's majority of votes.

http://elpasotimes.typepad.com/sunbowltimes/2007/11/how-bout-them-p.html#comments

The Brut Sun Bowl is still looking at South Florida on the Big East Side and on the PAC - 10 side it is as wide open as ever. Obviously everyone would like to go the National Championship Game , but with the recent Oregon loss, it now comes down to Rose Bowl, Holiday Bowl and Brut Sun Bowl, unless another PAC - 10 team gets selected for a BCS Bowl and as you can see it will be really fun and exciting come December 2 for the BCS Selection Show.

Guys..this is huge.  Have y'all read this from http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/?

...this is a quote from the selection committee chairman...

"The general consensus is there could be three teams that finish 9-3," Folmer said. "It's going to be a tough decision to make. Some guys are saying 'Why Connecticut?' Some are saying 'Why not Connecticut?' At the end of the day, it's going to come down to who comes out with the highest-ranked team. Then the question is, which ranking do we use? Do we use our own ranking? Do we use the BCS? Do we use the AP top 25 or the coaches poll?"

USF could qualify under some of those criteria.

I don't think this bowl cares as much about attendance as other bowls; they want an exciting game for the locals.  USF games are entertaining and the offense is putting on a show as of late.

TV market in Tampa ain't too bad.

Guys..this is huge.  Have y'all read this from http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/?

...this is a quote from the selection committee chairman...

"The general consensus is there could be three teams that finish 9-3," Folmer said. "It's going to be a tough decision to make. Some guys are saying 'Why Connecticut?' Some are saying 'Why not Connecticut?' At the end of the day, it's going to come down to who comes out with the highest-ranked team. Then the question is, which ranking do we use? Do we use our own ranking? Do we use the BCS? Do we use the AP top 25 or the coaches poll?"

USF could qualify under some of those criteria.

I don't think this bowl cares as much about attendance as other bowls; they want an exciting game for the locals.  USF games are entertaining and the offense is putting on a show as of late.

TV market in Tampa ain't too bad.

One other thing going for us, is that USF is very likely to be the highest ranked team in BCS out of UC, UConn, and USF, if everything shakes out as expected next weekend.

Archived