• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who's our CBs next year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I do not see anyone pushing Allen from his starting spot.

Will be great having Verpaele back!

yea there is no way that Allen would lose his job because someone beat him out.  only way Verpaele gets a starting position back is if Allen is moved to another position which would not be a good move in my opinion.  he is a good field general out there and as a former QB himself, he has that mindset to know what the QB is thinking and plays a great centerfield out there

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,589
  • Days Won:  29

I seriously do not see Plancher moving from RB ... we have too much talent at CB to move a player from a position that isn't as deep.

• Content Count:  1,911

Charlton Sinclair will be in the rotation as well. He'll be a true freshman, but he's coming in in Spring so he'll have a full spring and summer. Wouldn't be surprised to see him or Washington at nickel.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Murphy and Roberts will be the starters in the spring.  Butler may be moved. I expect Quenton Washington to get significant playing time also.  As for plancher, what happened to his knee probably would not allow the range and mobility needed at corner.

• Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Murphy and Roberts should be our starters next year

• Content Count:  136

I expect not too bad a dropoff with Murphy... He seems to have "it". The same thing I saw in Jenkins from the beginning...

And Roberts will be a question entering next season, but I'd imagine he'll be the starter...

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

I seriously do not see Plancher moving from RB ... we have too much talent at CB to move a player from a position that isn't as deep.

isn't as deep?  how many RB's exactly do we need to be considered "deep" ?

BBQ, Ford, Taylor, Samuels, Plancher, Cannon, Butler is still listed at RB and we got a promising recruit from Georgia (Demetrius Murray) coming in...  and most of those guys are young.

i agree moving Moises to corner probably isn't the best option, but i don't necessarily agree that depth at RB is the issue.

at this point, Murph looks to be a lock to start next season and Roberts is likely to take the other starting corner position.

i don't see Danny V. taking Nate Allen's spot at FS considering Nate's performance this year and his potential to get even better. IMO Danny is a bigger hitter, but Nate is faster and better in coverage.  i believe Williams comes back, as does Gachette, so we will be set at safety.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,589
  • Days Won:  29

...  how many RB's exactly do we need to be considered "deep" ?

Depending on Spring Ball, Butler could be at either position.

Ford, BBQ, Taylor and Samuels in this order would be the expected depth chart.

RB's are banged up much more than CB's ... depth is not comparible in numbers.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I am really not concerned about the defense for next year at all.  Murphy has had a lot of significant playing time and is very athletic and talented.  Probably as athletic as both Williams and Jenkins, but not as experienced.  Roberts has played a lot since being here.  I'm really not that concerned on the Dline either.  Selvie will be bigger, faster and have more understanding of technique and of the position.  i believe Chris Robinson has been working out almost exclusively at DE.  people forget that he was our leading returning sack guy this year.  he has just been hurt all year to really make an impact.  Harris is the quiet man of the Dline, but has been a 2 year starter already as a Sophmore.  He'll be bigger and faster.  McClain is only a true freshman, but has seen a lot of significant playing time at DT.  He is already as big as Clebert.  There is definitely no dropoff at LB as a unit.  Losing Moffitt will hurt from an experience and leadership level, but there should be enough experience out there to pick up most of that slack in leadership.  The worst case scenario I see with the defense next year is to be similar to the 2006 defense.  Overall, next year's defense will be the most athletic, fastest defensive unit we have ever put on the fleld.  if the offense keeps maturing and progressing, the defense won't be in the position to have to win the games for us like they have in the last 3 or 4 years.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Washington and Butler are fast enough to stick with anyone.  I think one of them takes a corner despite their youth, and Roberts will stay at Nickel. 

I agree with the guy who mentioned our DL problems.  McClain has been pretty good but who after that?  I'm looking at Selvie, Buie, McClain, maybe Garrison or Grissom.  Warren moved to O-line, right?

Archived