• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who's our CBs next year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

McClain and Harris will be starters at DT.  Garrison will be back, but he is rehabbing from injury now.  Also, Josh Smiley, Alonzo McQueen, David Fonua and Darren Powe will be in the mix.  Also, expect a true freshman to get playing time, Corey Grissom from Troupe, GA.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

CBs will be Murphy and Roberts, both of these guys have seen significant playing time this year, so we should be OK.  And I don't think anybody will beat either of these two out for starting positions barring an injury in the Spring or pre Season.  After that you have Dylan Douglas and Quentin Washington, with possibly Tyson Butler and Charlton Sinclair filling in. 

McClain and Harris will be starters at DT.  Garrison will be back, but he is rehabbing from injury now.  Also, Josh Smiley, Alonzo McQueen, David Fonua and Darren Powe will be in the mix.  Also, expect a true freshman to get playing time, Corey Grissom from Troupe, GA.

I still think Richard Kelly might get a look at DT, unless we start using Grothe under Center and an I formation.  He certainly has the bulk, which we don't have much of except for a few of your examples above. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I still think Richard Kelly might get a look at DT, unless we start using Grothe under Center and an I formation.  He certainly has the bulk, which we don't have much of except for a few of your examples above. 

Joe, have you seen anything on that or are you just looking at body types?  Jeremiah Warren would be interesting to me on the DL, but he looks to be staying on the OL.

Joe, have you seen anything on that or are you just looking at body types?  Jeremiah Warren would be interesting to me on the DL, but he looks to be staying on the OL.

No, it just seems like a natural fit.  Especially when you consider how much he isn't used at FB.  I think it would make alot of sense, and I'm sure he could make the switch in the offseason.  I've studied the roster/depth charts and Kelly has as much bulk as anyone on our team.  I think he's listed at 260, but I'm sure he's more like 280.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

With Verpeale coming back, Allen may move to CB.  We also have some younger guys who are going to come in.

OT and DT are more of a need for next year believe it or not.

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Jerome Murphy & Tyller Roberts will be our CBs.. Allen will probably slide to Nickel for coverage on 3-WR sets... since Verpaele should be back at FS...

Sure, when you lose two NFL-caliber CBs there will be a drop off, but Murphy and Roberts have some skill...

I'm more concerned with our DL, to be honest... we lose 5 or 6 off the 8-man two-deep...

there better not be much of a drop off

usf cant afford it

Archived