• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Had to...

UCF at Southern Methodist  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

Ahahahahahah UCF has to play a team in their conference...

uh, what? Thread starter is stupid

I find it funny that CUSA is so bad and they have teams like SMU.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

CUSA is worse than the MAC and the WAC.

• Content Count:  1,829
  • Days Won:  1

That is the point too bad some one had to get all bent. Cusa is in the crapper look at the teams. I really hope we don't play ECU again

• Content Count:  711

First of all...it was the mods and others here that decided to end the "dumbgeon" or whatever thinking it would relieve the UCF threads...but now...instead of there...it's moved to the once decent "State of Florida" board...which was actually pretty cool to come to and chat with fans from the state with no real banter or trash talk.  This is a USF run site...but the way the "Dumbgeon" was closed...it was perceived that it was because of the UCF fans...yet now..the only board on this site that was enjoyable to actually discuss FOOTBALL without trash talk was this one...but I don't see UCF trashing or starting flaming threads....but USF fans??  I'm confused?  UCF fans are always told by USF fans that we are the ones that are obsessed with USF and what not...but "voila"...here we are.  Oh well, I guess.  I don't mind some jabs or smack talking...but I actually liked this board for FL football talk and it used to have some good "state" discussions on a balanced level.

Anyway...as far as this thread goes...I remember when the conf. re-alignments were going on a few years back before USF was invited to the BE and many USF fans saying SMU would be a great addition to CUSA, with their history.  Funny.

But I agree...SMU being a small private college won't be able to do what they did in the 80's and years prior...to many rules!  They had alumni with a lot of $$$ that made them good...now they just want to keep their football alive...so they're screwed.

• Content Count:  1,812

First of all...it was the mods and others here that decided to end the "dumbgeon" or whatever thinking it would relieve the UCF threads...but now...instead of there...it's moved to the once decent "State of Florida" board...which was actually pretty cool to come to and chat with fans from the state with no real banter or trash talk.  This is a USF run site...but the way the "Dumbgeon" was closed...it was perceived that it was because of the UCF fans...yet now..the only board on this site that was enjoyable to actually discuss FOOTBALL without trash talk was this one...but I don't see UCF trashing or starting flaming threads....but USF fans??  I'm confused?  UCF fans are always told by USF fans that we are the ones that are obsessed with USF and what not...but "voila"...here we are.  Oh well, I guess.  I don't mind some jabs or smack talking...but I actually liked this board for FL football talk and it used to have some good "state" discussions on a balanced level.

Anyway...as far as this thread goes...I remember when the conf. re-alignments were going on a few years back before USF was invited to the BE and many USF fans saying SMU would be a great addition to CUSA, with their history.  Funny.

But I agree...SMU being a small private college won't be able to do what they did in the 80's and years prior...to many rules!  They had alumni with a lot of $$$ that made them good...now they just want to keep their football alive...so they're screwed.

I would think the reason that UCif does not come here to talk trash could be summed up below

64-12

• Content Count:  711

I would think the reason that UCif does not come here to talk trash could be summed up below

64-12

Well...my understanding was that this was a state of florida board...not a smack board.  It's fine to run smack and all...but when you start smack threads about UCF...don't get all pi$$y when UCF fans retract.

• Content Count:  3,574

64-12

That's too logical, Nuke.

• Content Count:  2,239

Sorry I really had know idea they were in the same conference! Now it makes it even more funny hahahahahah no MUWHAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Which means you should leave sports message boards to sports fans and stick to Dungeons and Dragons.

Any idiot who knows anything about college sports knows that the conference brass makes the conference schedule.  Most conferences have teams alternate between home and away game(every year in division if large enough or in 2 year bunches).  The Big Ten is the exception.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

Well...my understanding was that this was a state of florida board...not a smack board.  It's fine to run smack and all...but when you start smack threads about UCF...don't get all pi$$y when UCF fans retract.

If UCF fans have retracted, why are some still here?

• Content Count:  65

I Agree, but funny I mean come on Southern Methodist?... Hahahahahah New stadium and all and the only team they can find to play is SM? What a joke.

What is a joke is your knowledge of College Football.  SMU has won 3 national titles, the last two coming in 1981 and 1982.  They have even had a national award named after one of their running backs (Doak Walker, since you probably would have had to ask who).  They have had a Hall Of Fame coach (Hayden Fry)

Last I checked, Pitt was the ONLY current BE team to ever win a national title, with their last one coming in 1976.  BTW, SMU beat Pitt (who was led by Dan Marino) in the 1983 Cotton Bowl.

I know, that was 25 years ago, but they have had to make a comeback after getting the Death Penalty in 1987. There is a lot of history at SMU and it's a shame that fans like you, who have never won ANYTHING, try to put them down.

How can USF think they have arrived when they don't pay attention or respect history?  It's not like they are Elon.  Just because USF didn't play football before 1997 doesn't mean that there wasn't football.

Archived