• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Had to...

UCF at Southern Methodist  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

I Agree, but funny I mean come on Southern Methodist?... Hahahahahah New stadium and all and the only team they can find to play is SM? What a joke.

What is a joke is your knowledge of College Football.  SMU has won 3 national titles, the last two coming in 1981 and 1982.  They have even had a national award named after one of their running backs (Doak Walker, since you probably would have had to ask who).   They have had a Hall Of Fame coach (Hayden Fry)

Last I checked, Pitt was the ONLY current BE team to ever win a national title, with their last one coming in 1976.  BTW, SMU beat Pitt (who was led by Dan Marino) in the 1983 Cotton Bowl.

I know, that was 25 years ago, but they have had to make a comeback after getting the Death Penalty in 1987. There is a lot of history at SMU and it's a shame that fans like you, who have never won ANYTHING, try to put them down.

How can USF think they have arrived when they don't pay attention or respect history?  It's not like they are Elon.  Just because USF didn't play football before 1997 doesn't mean that there wasn't football.

Right, one USF fan doesn't follow the lower tier conferences all that close and you feel the need to extrapolate that out to all USF. That is really grasping at straws .... as usual.

CUSA has several programs with decent histories that go back to the leather helmet days but it doesn't mean every young and old college fan is or should be aware of it....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

I Agree, but funny I mean come on Southern Methodist?... Hahahahahah New stadium and all and the only team they can find to play is SM? What a joke.

What is a joke is your knowledge of College Football.  SMU has won 3 national titles, the last two coming in 1981 and 1982.  They have even had a national award named after one of their running backs (Doak Walker, since you probably would have had to ask who).  They have had a Hall Of Fame coach (Hayden Fry)

Last I checked, Pitt was the ONLY current BE team to ever win a national title, with their last one coming in 1976.  BTW, SMU beat Pitt (who was led by Dan Marino) in the 1983 Cotton Bowl.

I know, that was 25 years ago, but they have had to make a comeback after getting the Death Penalty in 1987. There is a lot of history at SMU and it's a shame that fans like you, who have never won ANYTHING, try to put them down.

How can USF think they have arrived when they don't pay attention or respect history?  It's not like they are Elon.  Just because USF didn't play football before 1997 doesn't mean that there wasn't football.

Right, one USF fan doesn't follow the lower tier conferences all that close and you feel the need to extrapolate that out to all USF. That is really grasping at straws .... as usual.

CUSA has several programs with decent histories that go back to the leather helmet days but it doesn't mean every young and old college fan is or should be aware of it....

I have to agree with you, Trip.  That USF fan is a real embarrassment.

What is a joke is your knowledge of College Football.  SMU has won 3 national titles, the last two coming in 1981 and 1982.  They have even had a national award named after one of their running backs (Doak Walker, since you probably would have had to ask who).   They have had a Hall Of Fame coach (Hayden Fry)

Nice try .... I didn't say he was an embarrassment. I can't expect all of our fans, especially the younger ones, to have extensive knowledge of all those lower level conferences like the Sun Belt and CUSA.

• Content Count:  711

Nice try .... I didn't say he was an embarrassment. I can't expect all of our fans, especially the younger ones, to have extensive knowledge of all those lower level conferences like the Sun Belt and CUSA.

Tell Nick Saban that.

• Content Count:  2,239

What is a joke is your knowledge of College Football.  SMU has won 3 national titles, the last two coming in 1981 and 1982.  They have even had a national award named after one of their running backs (Doak Walker, since you probably would have had to ask who).  They have had a Hall Of Fame coach (Hayden Fry)

Oh please.  I had full knowledge of who was in I-A before I ever step foot on a Florida campus.  That guy is just an idiot.

If they were smarter and really didn't know much, they would first learn.

Tell Nick Saban that.

I have no idea how that is relevant here ...

Oh please.  I had full knowledge of who was in I-A before I ever step foot on a Florida campus.  That guy is just an idiot.

Oh please is right .... I bet I can find more than one UCFer right now  that has no idea the history of SMU and plenty more that didn't know who SMU was before UCF joined CUSA.

If they were smarter and really didn't know much, they would first learn

Why should someone who's a fan of USF give a **** about who is or isn't in CUSA?? Looking back I find it hilarious that he DOESN'T know SMU and UCF are in the same conference..... especially considering we're great rivals and all.

The point I originally made was that it was ridiculous of TheSimp to try and use this one naive fan as an ambassador of all USF and then take shots ....

Archived