• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt to Texas A&M?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

and if leavitt does go usf will be fine

maybe we can bring in someone that can recruit local blue chip talent

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone who knows CJL knows he isn't going anywhere, this is his baby and he isn't going to abandone it at this point.  Most newbies to the program and this board or those that don't know cjl think he is like every other coach and that they will career jump to a bigger program just for the money.  Say what you want about money talks, but in this case, its more then that.  Sure if cjl was making what he was making 10 years ago, or even 3-5 years ago, he might be more tempted, but he is getting pretty decent money and has his so called "Dream Job".  He isnt done building yet, and he won't leave until he is.  The guy created this program, it means more to him then anyone else associated with USF.  Other coaches come and go because they don't have the personal attachment that he has. 

But everytime there is talk, people come on here that don't know him and start this kind of talk. 

Bingo.

Leavitt is from Tampa bay and he'll probably die here, coaching USF

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Why pay him more? He received a raise last season... Who should they pay more? Maybe Matt Grothe to start with... because before he started playing, we had a 4-7 season and then a 6-6 season... I'd pay Mike Ford as well... when the coaches realize what a talent they have, that's when we will be a one loss, or no loss team. How about a raise for Coach Rachael as well... best cornerback tandem in the nation currently... That deserves a raise IMO.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Why pay him more? He received a raise last season... Who should they pay more? Maybe Matt Grothe to start with... because before he started playing, we had a 4-7 season and then a 6-6 season... I'd pay Mike Ford as well... when the coaches realize what a talent they have, that's when we will be a one loss, or no loss team. How about a raise for Coach Rachael as well... best cornerback tandem in the nation currently... That deserves a raise IMO.

Bingo..kind of I think.

USF/Boosters need to pony up for the assistant coaches. They are the ones that need a raise. CJL is doing pretty well. Sure there is more money other places, but I don't think he will leave over money for himself. He may try to use this as leverage to get the assistants some more money though.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

If CJL uses talk of him going somewhere else as leverage to get more money for his assistants my opinion of him would rocket even higher.

• Content Count:  1,757

While Texas is nice, it's no Tampa.  Seriously, when you make millions, live a non-extravagent lifestyle, and are doing what makes you happy, what is the difference between $1 and 2 million per year? 

Can you put a price tag on happiness?  Where does that price go to when the extra money doesn't really make a difference in your life? 

I believe Leavitt when he says he'll keep coaching here as long as they let him. 

• Content Count:  919

Tommy Tuberville will be the next coach of Texas A&M.

• Content Count:  341

is THEUSFFAN one of those gator fans trolling our board trying to start stuff again?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

I hope this news continues ... we can always use the extra exposure ... and it helps recruiting.

Leavitt isn't leaving, why take a step backwards ?

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,260

I honestly believe that the exposure and fan support at the zenith of this season gives CJL all the justification he needs to stay. This program is just a few players/decisions away from owning this town and really making a dent in the national scene. Before this season, that was a pipedream...now we know it can and will happen. If $$$ is the issue, he knows he'll be getting it here down the road as well. (along with a statue and field named after him)

Archived